Not supported file format

hey there. i have a question please and would appreciate your assitance. I am using WD TV LIVE HUB and I have all the movie files (avi and mkv) stored in the local storage. Initially I always use it to stream from my PC which had all the files. Sometimes the streaming can be slow so i though i would just put the files in the wdtv live hub storage instead. Anyway  the problem is I used to also stream from my PC to the living room TV (Samsung smart tv) and it always workd fine with all file types. I used to be able to use Samsung TV (allshare) to stream certain files directly from WD TV LIVE HUB also). Now since i moved all the files there from pc to wd storage the samsun smart tv wont stream from WD TV live hub directly. only a few files. for example with mkv files it would pop up on tv saying file not supported. i can still however stream from PC (the same file). i would appreciate it if someone can help me please. I’d rather have all files WD TV LIVE HUB storage and not on PC also.

Cheers

Swadeep

The twonky media server in the live hub does not support MKV files, check if you can access the live hub as a network share.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Is there any thing that can be done to make twonky server support mkv?

How do you mean access as network share?

Thanks
Swadeep

Alucardx23 wrote:

The twonky media server in the live hub does not support MKV files, check if you can access the live hub as a network share.

That’s not quite accurate…  Twonky in the Hub supports MKV files just fine.

Samsung TVs don’t support MKV files served by the Twonky version the Hub uses.

Subtle difference. :wink:

I see what you are saying, thanks for the correction. Do you know of any TV models that supports .MKV file streaming from the twonky version in the Live hub?

Edit: Found it