Not presently compatible with Elephant Drive

We have recently set up MyCloud EX2 Ultra for our network. We subscribed to Elephant Drive and have not been successful in getting to the cloud back up to work. Checking with tech support at Elephant Drive and his helping me walk through the attempts he has concluded that there is a firmware or driver issue. Can I ask you when this might be resolved? We have had a subscription to Elephant Drive for over 2 months and have not been able to use it.

Thanks

Hello artworkcre8ed,

My cloud Ex2 Ultra is compatible to be used with Elephant drive, you should not face any issues backing up your data. Please refer to the below link to for Setup instructions.

If issue persists you can try updating the firmware of your My Cloud device:

Hello Logan: I have checked and made sure that the firmware was all updated. And it was…

Firmware Release 2.30.165 (04/05/2017)

Unfortunately there still is an issue. The drive backs up only a percent or two and then stops

I have been in contact with Elephant Drive tech support. Here was their answer to me.

The issue on this matter is not that/if your device is or isn’t running the latest version of the firmware, but that we need WD to release a new firmware so we can release a new version of our software. We can only update the application once a new firmware update is released, because the application runs natively in the NAS and we can’t manually update it.

The current application has some known issues where the backups stall. That said, you will need to be checking your backups in a scheduled basis to make sure that they are running as expected. We are currently not able to fix this known issue because the fix requires the installation of a newer version of ElephantDrive and, as mentioned before, the new version will only be available when WD releases a new firmware update.

Please let me know when there will be a resolve to this issue.

Thanks

Gib Olson

Graphic Design & Continuity

E: info@cre8ed.ca | Ph: 250.862.2393

Fax: 250.862.2395 | Toll Free: 1.877.862.2398

PLEASE WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL, if there are artwork changes requested, ENSURE that the request is sent back to artwork@cre8ed.ca

If you have been corresponding with info@cre8ed.ca for pricing, artwork changes may not be sent to the correct department by simply replying to emails at various stages.

Also please click the link to send us your information

http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/5rc165K8ibba2

Hi artworkcre8ed ,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Hello artworkcre8ed,

We are sorry for our delayed response to your issue. We are working to get alerted when new threads/responses related to ElephantDrive are posted in the WD Community. If you are still experiencing issues with ElephantDrive, please do not hesitate to send an email to “support@elephantdrive.com”. Our support team will do our best to assist you.

Hello: thank you for your response. We have been told by Elephant Drive that there is a need for a firmware update for our MyCloud EX2 Ultra in order to have a direct connection with the Elephant Drive cloud back up. When directly connected, the seeding of files runs for a short time and then stops. This also happens when files are being backed up. We presently are using a computer to connect as we need to back up files. There still are issues as there are errors, and stops in the streaming to the cloud even with a computer. We would prefer the direct connection, once these issues have been resolved.
Thanks

Hi artworkcre8ed,

Please email us directly at “support@elephantdrive.com” and be sure to reference your username in this forum (artworkcre8ed). Once you have a ticket in our support system, we can help you install a recent ElephantDrive build which should resolve all issues. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!