Not enough space for upgrade error

I hade the same message when I tried to upgrade firmware from a file. Didn’t see any error code, though.

If I try the downloading from inside the dashboard, it ends up at 10% and then this error:

• Upgrade download failure. Please try your upgrade again. (370003)

I have installed Bittorrent Sync on my WDMC, using a guide from this forum.

Could those few lines be that memory consuming?

Is it possible to “un-install” the Bittorrent Sync? Couldn’t find anyhing in that guide…

/Peter

i installed transmission and now i cant access its web page as well. Now im trying to figure out how can i restore its firmware to stock without deleting my files!

I did the system reset (unplug unit, hold reset button, plug unit back in, continue holding for 40 seconds).

After that I was able to reinitialize the drive, set up a user and all of my functionality was back. I’m guessing it was something with the 4.0 firmware that was too big of a change from the 3.x firmware where you could “void your warranty” by extending the functionality of the unit.

The unit is back up and running, shares were intact, all data good to go.

nop…tried that as well…it did a system reset…but it still displays the same error when i try to upgrade with latest firmware.

you can try to manualy update in ssh :

1. copy sq-040102-417-20141211.deb into the share
  2. execute into a root ssh : /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/copy sq-040102-417-20141211.deb

I have got the same error in the web interface, but this command work for me.

yeah tried that already…it just runs the same script as the web interface does…i think we mentioned it at page 2 of this forum. i will just move my files to another HDD and do a hard reset…if that  wont work…i dont know…but keep throwing ideas! :slight_smile:

Maybe you can try to modifie the script to print all variable of “# check disk usage” part and detect where is the error.

Or remove/comment this check on the script :o 

1 Like

Hi hvalentim, 

I have the same problem, and my folder rootfs is full (100%), what can I do to free up some space on this folder?