Not displaying subtitles

Hi, I am new to this and this is my problem. I have several avi-files with external srt-files. The files are on my external HDD. Whenever I play to files the srt-files do not show. However when I copy the files on a dvd-player with HDD it does play them. Now, I only want to use the WD TV Live. Anybody knows a solution? Thx.

Might be a dumb question, but did you ENABLE the subs?

I’m having the same issue with my week old WD Live TV Plus with latest firmware. Subtitles are turned on. External subtitle files are not being recognized / read.  Subtitle files have the same name as the video files. I’m streaming over network share. I tried rebooting both soft and hard. Turning subtitles on and off.  I tried playing video from a flash USB drive and subtitles are not working that  way  either.

Tried a factory reset and still no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

So, when you cycle through the subtitle option during playback (press the OPTION button and scroll over to subtitle selection) does it say there are NONE?    Or does it show the subtitle selection, but then just not display the subtitles on screen?

So, when you cycle through the subtitle option during playback (press the OPTION button and scroll over to subtitle >selection) does it say there are NONE?

Yes, the words “No Subtitle” is displayed on the TV screen.

I’m betting you’re using a subtitle file that’s not supported, or despite your double checking, there’s a difference in the file names.

Please paste (don’t re-type, CUT and PASTE) the filenames for one example of a movie and its associated subtitle file.

aaf-dragon.ball.z.s06e02.the.doomsday.broadcast.avi

aaf-dragon.ball.z.s06e02.the.doomsday.broadcast.srr

The manual only lists SRT, SUB, SMI, SSA and A-SS as being supported, not SRR… I’ve never even seen the “srr” filetype.

Try renaming the files to .srt and see what happens.

I’ve tried several .SRT files over the course of this week.

No Joy.

Thanks for help. I appreciate it.

I’m going to try to do some more trouble shooting this weekend.