Not discovered

My Cloud Home is working well for copying files from my computer, both online and off line. in Windows 10 I can see it a the Z drive and I can access it via the internet on mobile devices.

However, when I try to use WD backup software or Acronis or Paragon backup software, they all indicate that no external drive or networked site is available.

Is there a fix for this?

See the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Home series. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay My Cloud devices which are different than the My Cloud Home devices.

If you are attempting to use the Acronis True Image WD Edition Software note that it appears that software is designed to work with hard drives you connect to your computer. Not with network devices like the My Cloud Home.

Applicable Products
My Book, My Book Duo, My Book, My Book Duo, WD AV, WD Blue, WD Black, WD RE / WD RE4, WD Red, WD S25, WD Se, WD Red Pro, WD Re+, WD Gold, WD Blue (Mobile), WD Black (Mobile), WD Red (Mobile), WD Blue SSD, WD Green SSD, WD Black PCIe SSD, WD Blue 3D NAND SSD, WD Black SSHD, WD Blue SSHD, WD Laptop Mainstream , WD Desktop Mainstream , WD Desktop Performance, WD Network, My Passport Ultra Metal, My Passport Ultra (WD Backup), My Passport, My Passport SSD

What Paragon Backup version are you using? Did it come with a hard drive or did you purchase it?

Downloaded from their site…

Downloaded “what” from “their” site? Are you talking about the Paragon Backup & Recovery Free program?

No problem here adding a My Cloud Share using the Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Windows 64bit program. Using the Network tab on the Target page, then selecting the Add button, then select Browse (next to Connection Path) I can navigate and select a Share on my local network My Cloud.

I wonder if this is a ‘Home’ issue? Since access to any shares other than Public has to be via the Discovery program (rather than being an SMB file server), maybe that doesn’t play nicely with Paragon?

I have no problem with Macrium Reflect for system image backup, or FreeFileSync for file backup, using MyCloud as target for backups (and source of image for system image recovery).

Ah missed that redstone7500 was using a My Cloud Home. Very well could be a problem specific to My Cloud Home. Another “feature” so to speak. :laughing:

@redstone7500 see the dedicated My Cloud Home subforum since the My Cloud Home is a different device than the My Cloud series of devices. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay My Cloud device. I use a first gen v4.x single bay My Cloud device and don’t have a problem with Acronis, Paragon or other backup programs finding the single bay My Cloud device.