Not bad for my first attempt at tweaking a Hub theme :)

By the way, that Keyboard Mask file is referenced in ALL of these:

facebook_login2.xml

facebook_playing_comment_page.xml

facebook_upload.xml

live365_about_page.xml

mobile_device_code.xm

mobile_device_hint.xml

network_sync_log_page.xml

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml:

so I don’t think it’s a good idea to tweak that one for ONLY the gallery images.  

interesting…yeah, I just picked what I thought was used when I first attempted this…really wasn’t looking too much into it but after seeing how you can edit stuff I should be using the right files for making any templates.

Are there any programs that let you actually see what your XML file looks like in real time wihtout having to load it on to the HUB to see it? Adobe FrameMaker works with XML but not sure if its WYSIWYG or not.

I’d love to be able to mess around that way to see how it works with each edit.

No, no UI preview software that I know of.   

You can edit the XML and pretty much see on the Hub itself what changed.   Sometimes you have to leave a view and come back to get it to refresh, but that’s not too big of a problem…

vice or tony,

I started playing around with vice’s theme and it looks great.  I’m used to using XBMC with the Apple TV and I really like on XBCM how the thumnails in the gallery are larger and don’t have much space between each one as in this example:

I’ve been looking through the .xml files to see if I can find out if the thumbnails can be enlarged.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Yes, it’s possible.   The theme files have coordinates (x,y) and scale sizes (w,h) that control both position and size.

Thanks Tony.  I am currently editing the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file.  I modified the section (don’t know if that is the correct terminology as I am a COBOL programmer) and modifying the y,w, and h values increased the size of the thumbnails.  But it seems like the file counter at the bottom of the screen is making the thumbnails move their position.  So I’m trying to figure out if I can move the file counter to a different part of the screen.  Haven’t been able to find the code for the counter yet.

Any help would be appreciated as I don’t know how familiar you are with the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file.

Thanks,

Craig

The Gallery page has multiple layers, and multiple “Instances.”

There are sections that deal with the JPG coverart.   

There’s a separate section that deals with things when you have the selection HIGHLIGHTED (or FOCUSed, as the Hub calls it)

There’s a separate section for the BACKGROUND of each thumbnail.  You have to count for all of them.

All of those sections are surrounded by a “Wrapper.”   The lines inside the wrapper inherit the properties of the wrapper.  So in a wrapper, you might see Y, W, and H defined, and the lines inside the wrapper only have X defined.  Each of those lines then inherit the Y,W,H values to get a complete set of X,Y,W,H values.

And a certain portion of THAT is inside a “WIDGETHOST” wrapper that controls the scrolling appearance for a defined region of the screen.

I don’t think you can move the file counter, either…  There doesn’t appear to be a TEXT line that defines that.

Can someone tell me how to set up vices’s gallery ? Haven’t atempted install a custom theme yet other than the legacy theme which i downloaded directly onto my hub.

Also i would love to try cyoung’s gallery if you have it up and running.