Not able to set HDD Password on WD10S12X-55JTET0

I recently purchased the above WD drive from online store.  I am upgrading from an Hitachi 500GB drive.  This is in a Lenovo Thinkpad W530.  I was able and have business need to set a HDD password along with a power-on password.  With the old Hitachi drive I successfully had an HDD password.  However, when I swap out and have the WD drive in, the BIOS setting does not show for setting the HDD password.  I do have the latest BIOS available for the W530 installed.

To me this sounds like the WD10S12X-55JTET0 does not support setting an HDD password.  Can anyone confirm this?

I have replaced the old drive in my laptop with a WD10S12X-55JTET0.  I need to encrypt the drive using Symantec Encryption Desktop (formerly PGP).  Before I enable it and start encrypting my entire HDD, does anyone know of any issues in doing so?  (FYI - I had no issues on my old drive, but I just want to make sure on this SSHD.)

Welcome to the Community.

Have you been able to confirm the support specifications and requirements from Symantec? Is your encryption utility able to work with SSHD’s?

I have checked and been told that Symantec doesn’t have problems with SSHD.  I just wanted to make sure from others since I have read about issues with SSHDs and encryption.