Noob with some issues on the hardware

The media player states it plays WMA, WAV and MP3 along with other items, yet it did not pick up any of my WMA files that are lossless.  it did find and play my WAV and MP3 files though?  What am I doing wrong?  I have my CD’s recorded onto my external hard drive and the EHD is directly into the media player and then player is optical into my stereo while HDMI into TV for the UI.  First, it is very slow.  It also appears that the functionality of creating playlists is very cumbersome if even allowed, but if it doesn’t play the WMA lossless files then it is of no use for me…help.  I would love to speak with someone…not sure if should list my phone number on here?  HELP

First, you need to understand that this is a user-to-user forum. Although WD hosts it, they do not respond to requests for assistance. You need to contact WD Support directly for any issues you may be having. Secondly, be sure it is the WDTV Live Hub which you need help for. This is the user forum for that device. There are other forums for other devices. Lastly, getting help in here requires as much information as possible so that the right suggestions can be made. It sounds like you are having difficulty with playing back certain music files. Do you get an error message? If so, what is it? 

LiquidTension wrote:

The media player states it plays WMA, WAV and MP3 along with other items, yet it did not pick up any of my WMA files that are lossless.

AFAIK, the WDTV only supports WMA (Standard) and WMA Pro, not WMA Lossless.

Please see the supported media types in the specifications.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705046.pdf

Tony, thanks for the response.  On the box it only said WMA and with it reading the usually harder WAV files I assumed it woudl read all WMA files.  Wow, that is disappointing.  Is there a media player out there that does play these?  I am trying to get high quality music from my hard drive that I recorded in mostly WAV or WMA lossless?  I liked that this had an optical out although the user interface was pretty slow?  any help would be greatly appreciated