Noob Startup - this should be easy... NOT

Have a PR4100 and a Win10 Alienware laptop on a Netgear20 wifi network. Through some searching I found out how to have my network see the PR4100 but it cannot see the shares. By all research threads I’ve read, I should be able to see them. I simply want my laptop apps (file explorer, Word, Lightroom, etc) to have access to my shares… but the network view doesn’t see them so I can’t even map a drive.

And Yes… this feels like a complete WD customer experience Fail… since they pitch this NAS as easy to setup… for people like me. I didn’t think I had to be a network techie to stand this up and go. Rant over.

Any suggestions?.. other then pound sand :slight_smile:

Windows 10 disabled SMBv1 and Network Browsing by default.
The following article will help

How To Map a WD Network Drive on Windows 10

Answer ID 25436

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10

Answer ID 4155

This device relies a lot on Western Digital. Their systems being messed up right now might be preventing your device from properly/fully registering.

Western Digital’s service has been down since March 9th, 2020; see MyCloud.com Disruption

Existing units that have been up and running only work for local usage right now. Western Digital’s end is currently broken and prevents you from being able to use this device remotely. Their phone app and website for viewing are both broken.