NOOB - Did have a PC now have a MAC

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. I used to have a laptop and have backed up all the files I need onto my WD drive. I recently purchased a Macbook pro so need to get the drive working on it.

I can transfer files from the drive to my MAC but cannot back files up from my MAC to the drive.

I have read the PDF help file that come with it and the only suggestion I can see in there is to reformat it, which means backing up the drive onto my mac first which will take forever!

Can anyone tell me if there is an easier way of getting the drive to work on my MAC.

Thanks!!

PS. If its possible I would like to be able to still back files up from a PC and then put them onto my MAC or vicer verser. Is this possible at all? 

If your old computer it was Windows the drive is probably  fromatted NTFS. Go to Apple and find NTFS-3G and install that on your Mac then you should be OK. Mac can read NTFS but can’t write to it.

Joe

OK did that thanks.

Now when I open the drive on my MAC it  allows me to unlock it then a message pops up 

"NTFS-3G could not mount / dev / disk2s1 at /Volumes/My Book because the following problem occured:

/Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/support/fusefs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextil(8) the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)"

I can open the WD SmartWare but not the drive itself. Also it shows the drive is empty but I tried it on a PC and all the stuff is still there…

Im SOOO confused!!