Non-functioning USB port

I have been very pleased with My Book Live Duo for a few months now, until 4 days ago. My setup is the My Book Live Duo is connected to my Apple Extreme Router, I have a Belkin Hub connected to the My Book Live Duo USB port and a mixture of a WD and Bufalo external hard drives connected to the Hub… This setup streams all my media files wirelessly to a WD TV Live and an Apple TV 2. It was working great, no problems.

4 days ago, the USB port stopped working. The My Book Live is still woring well, streaming media files, but it no longer “see” my external drives. I have tested my drives, they are working. I tested connecting USB drives (thumbdrives and external drives) directly to the USB port. Not working. I connect a USB powered fan, and that works. So, it looks like the port is able to provide power, but data transfer is no longer possible. Tried a reset and it didn’t make an difference.

My questions are; if it’s a software issue, will a firmware re-install help? (I have the latest firmware) Will a firmware install erase my media contents? Has anyone had a problem like this before? I would like to explore solutions, before making a warranty claim.

Thanks.

Best bet is to look in the log files that are generated in the diagnostic report section and see what it says.

Great. Had to log in with a slightly different user name.

Thanks for your advice. Done the diagnostic report. Which log file should I be looking at?

Would a re-install of the firmware help and would that erase my media content? Since I am on the latest firmware, I can only do a manual re-install of the irmware which is not available. Where can I get that?

Thanks.