Node Zero USB connection available separately?

I bought a 314GB Pi drive last year not long after they were first introduced. I also have a Pi Zero. Is the USB connection that is part of the Node Zero kit available separately for those of us who were Pi Drive pioneers?

Hi, the custom PCBA and mounting hardware for Node Zero are not sold separately at this time. The interconnect design is a little tricky with the two USB microB pairs hard-mounted and having to be aligned well-enough to enable simultaneous insertion. In addition, some of the mounting screws go into slotted features to accommodate tolerances and these will strip-out the plastic if over-torqued. We’re currently doing the product assembly locally (in Irvine) to closely monitor how the parts go together. So far it’s been good, but once in awhile we get a set of parts that won’t go together due to connector misalignment. We’ve worked to improve alignment on our custom PCBA, but we don’t have control over the Pi Zero…

Anyway- that’s more detail than you’re looking for.

I really appreciate that you’re a PiDrive pioneer, and if you can view the Node Zero connector parts in the same spirit (pioneering), email me your address and I’ll send you the parts. :grinning:

Our shipper requires phone number also.

My email: dave.chew@wdc.com

Thanks!

I appreciate the offer very much! Contact information coming by email.