No WiFi signal

My Wireless Passport Pro had a fit with all lights flashing and no communication with iPhone app. Now only the Drive Status light is on but no WiFi signal is emitted. The WiFi LED does not light up. I cannot perform any System Restore procedure without the WiFi signal. My iMac can read everything on the device, so I can still back up using the USB port, but I would really like to use the device as I have been for the last few years, by controlling it vis by iPhone so I do not have to travel with a laptop.

Do a System Reset then. (backup your data in case … before performing it)

Manually Resetting the Drive

For a system only reset, the battery has to have at least a 25% charge.

1. With the power ON, hold down the Power and WPS buttons at the same time for
around 10 seconds until the drive reboots and the Power and Battery Status LED
flashes white.

2. Wait until the Wi-Fi LED is blue before reconnecting.

Page 47 : http://products.wdc.com/library/UM/ENG/4779-705118.pdf

Thank you. I tried this yesterday but still no WiFi. I tried again this morning with the My Passport Wireless Pro disconnected from my iMac. This time the WiFi lights up, so I did the System Reset, held both buttons for 10 sec, but nothing flashed white. My iPhone MyCloud App presented a window saying ‘Authentication revoked. Authorization to this device is denied. Please enter a new activation code.’ Since I did not know where to find a new activation code, I closed the Window and magically my phone can now ‘see’ my device. I think this means SUCCESS! I’m taking it out on my travels tomorrow, so fingers crossed. Thanks again, Helen.

Thanks Joey. I have left a reply on your website so won’t repeat it here, other than to say thank you as I think it works now.

Some of the instructions which appeared on my iPhone did not make sense, so it was not clear what I was doing as it felt like I was going round in circles. Anyway, at the moment I think it is all ago.

Appreciate your quick response,
Helen.

PS I could not use your chat option as I’m on the wrong side of the world. I’m awake when you are asleep.

I don’t have a website or chat option … i’m just a regular person/user like you posting on this forum :confused:

Anyways, glad to hear you have it working ?