No trained professional from WD in the forum?!

After posting my issue in the community for weeks, I noticed (and monitored) that there are almost none helps from WD staff professionally.

Are there none officially trained WD member (or administrator) helping out in the community??

What’s the use of having a community when there is no trained professional from WD to help the customers?

I’ve been constantly updating and checking my threads and so far I’m getting help from 2 helpful members only, Joe_S and fzabkar. The rest of what I got is number of views and no responses.

Or WD has taken for granted that they dont need any trained professional to help since they are many other members who are willing to share their experiences / solutions to the customer who are facing similar problem?

This is RIDICULOUS!!

I’ve contacted WD support line and the tech support guy told me that they (WD) aren’t doing much of the technical troubleshooting other than determining whether the faulty HDD is good for replacement (warranty) and this doesn’t mean much to us as a customer.

Do you think we wanted a replacement?? All we wanted is the DATA to be recovered and the very least WD could do is assign some profesionally trained technical person to assist in the community forum.

I come from technical support myself and this is definitely unacceptable after sale services.

Previously, I have contacted DELL with regards to my desktop issue and they could resolve my issue by the number of beeps my desktop made. Now that’s what I called a professional service, which I failed to see in this community.

In fact, I’ve to subsribe and report my issue in another forum and I’m getting more help from there compared to here, which is a shame to WD.

You might be deleting this thread soon and I won’t be bothered but I do hope you take what I’ve just said into consideration!

Honestly, after poking through these forums for a couple of days it seems very clear that WD support is not very good. I don’t know how a company like this builds and maintains any sort of reputation when their rapport with their customers is so bad.

Something I did not expect at all.

First of all, I would like to re-phrase myself on my statement below,

“I’ve contacted WD support line and the tech support guy told me that they (WD) aren’t doing much of the technical troubleshooting other than determining whether the faulty HDD is good for replacement (warranty) and this doesn’t mean much to us as a customer.”

I’m not condemning the tech support guy in this statement. He is a very patience guy who listen to my issue and try his best to help out but unfortunately, he is what he is being trained for. In fact, I just found out that he just send me a follow-up email on what I can troubleshoot further eventhough my HDD is clearly out of warranty. I RESPECTED him for his extra miles effort and services provided.

Secondly, why is my thread being moved to Off-topic? I read the description for off topic is “This Board is for general, off-topic, non-product related discussions.”

So, what I just mentioned at the beginning is non-related to WD???

THIS IS A VALID FEEDBACK from your customer.

For Kc9400, I agreed with you. The fact that you registered yourself just to response on my thread shows that I’m not the only victim who feels WD should step up and listen to the customer.

While I understand where you’re coming from, I believe you are misunderstanding the very purpose of the WD Community, which is user-to-user interaction. Staff members may post once in a while, but Western Digital has official, direct support channels for addressing technical issues. Users should not expect constant, steady, and/or direct responses from WD Staff members while on the forum.

Hopefully the Support Teams will be able to address your concerns.

Regards,

Hi Trancer,

Thanks for your explanation!

I believed there are probably few other notable forums / blogs / communities that is dealing with HDD issue and when someone come to WD community, one would think (or expect) that it have WD trained professional here to assist on their issue.

If I’m looking for someone who is not working for WD but just someone has experiences in HDD troubleshooting, why would I want to trouble myself to register and post question in a WD community?

I can easily pick other notable forums which I feel have more responses and assistances from other experienced users.

It just doesn’t make any sense to have a WD community without any WD personnel here to assist.

It just sounds like you open a WD store repair shop, offering services to fix all WD-related products and then tell your customer, “No, we are just normal user like you and we are not even a trained professional by WD to fix your issue.

And I do agree with you that I should not expect constant help from WD staff member in all the threads posted but so far, out of 10 threads, maybe I’m just seeing 1 or 2 responses if I’m lucky.

And unfortunately, most of their responses are just asking more questions rather than providing troubleshooting steps or even workable solutions. Sorry for being harsh but that’s what I noticed so far.

We certainly do understand your frustration.  However, it is based on your expectation.  So, what you are saying would be true only if we were advertising that we would provide direct support through the community.  What we do “advertise” on the home page is, “The WD Community is a place where you and other users can talk to one another about WD products and services.”  We have never promised that we would provide direct support through the community.

2 Likes

Thanks Bill for your voice up!

Yes, I do have my expectation. We as the customer do have the rights to set certain expectation cause we are paying our hard-earned money for WD product.

And yes, WD does not advertise or guarantee us that a service will be provided to us in the community when we purchase their product but washing your hands clean and keeping quiet while your customer is screaming for help is not doing any good in long run.

Anyway, the damage is done and the reputation has been tarnished at least for me.

You have just lost one loyal customer and maybe that doesn’t mean much to you but if WD doesn’t take heed from the customer, I can guaranteed there will be more thread like mine in the future.

unhappy_wd_user wrote:

Thanks Bill for your voice up!

Yes, I do have my expectation. We as the customer do have the rights to set certain expectation cause we are paying our hard-earned money for WD product.

And yes, WD does not advertise or guarantee us that a service will be provided to us in the community when we purchase their product but washing your hands clean and keeping quiet while your customer is screaming for help is not doing any good in long run.

Anyway, the damage is done and the reputation has been tarnished at least for me.

You have just lost one loyal customer and maybe that doesn’t mean much to you but if WD doesn’t take heed from the customer, I can guaranteed there will be more thread like mine in the future.

Actually, I agree that it’s a valid expectation to get help from us for our product.  So that’s why we have Technical Support - to help you.  I see that you were escalated by the moderators to our Support team on 7/31 for further help.  So, what happened with that?  We emailed you instructions for what to do and you never responded back, not by email or phone. Yet, here you are complaining because we are not here on the forum to help you.  We have already provided a valid avenue for you to get support from our staff.  Technical Support is going to try and call you.  Please respond.

1 Like

Hi Bill, again, thanks for the heads-up!

The reason why i didn’t response to Rainier’s 1st email is because I’m aware (or tried) on all the instructions provided, hence I don’t see any need to response to it (well, the email itself didn’t ask for any response from me anyway). So I took it as an extra miles services as I did mentioned in my previous post.

Secondly, I did received 2 unknown overseas missed calls but I didn’t return the calls because there are just too many scam with unknown overseas numbers lately. So, please forgive me for that.

And for the 2nd follow-up email from Rainier, well, I wasn’t aware (haven’t been checking my email lately) until I read your post about him trying to get in touch with me. Again, i apologised for that.

It would be very much appreciated if you can arrange for him to call me again tomorrow and I will make sure his call will be answered.

P/S: If he has been trying to reach me via email and phone calls, why would he not leave a message on my thread? I’m constantly monitoring it for possible solution.

They will give you a call tomorrow.  If you have any other questions private message me.

1 Like

Thanks again, Bill !

I’ve just received a call from Rainier and although he couldn’t help much on the issue (since it is pretty much determined that it is a head problem), I do appreciates his time spent listening to me and his effort of trying to help me as a WD customer.

That’s exactly what I was looking for in the forum.

As I mentioned to Rainier, the reason why I created this thread is due to my frustratation (and desperation) because as you can see in my thread ( http://community.wd.com/t5/External-Drives-for-PC/WD-MyBook-External-1-0TB-HDD-No-longer-detected-at-all/td-p/772705), I was basically talking to myself without much help from the admin or any WD personnel.

Anyway, all that has past now and I do appreciates the attention given to my issue by the forum team (Bill and Trancer), the forum moderator (not sure if they are Bill and Trancer as well) who escalated my case to the technical team (Rainier) to contact me again.

These efforts done have restore some of my confident in WD and I might even consider getting WD as my upcoming HDD replacement.

Although a product realiability is important, I felt the after-sales service is equally important as well, which WD has proven to me.

Thanks once again and I apologised if any of my comments sounded harsh.

No problem.  And we agree, after-sales service is important.  Thanks for giving us a chance to show that.