No sound for WDTV Live devices connecting to Shares on WDTV Media Hubs local storage

This is a tricky one to describe…

I have 4 WDTV Live Devices.

3 WDTV Live units connected via Ethernet of Powerline Adapters…  and a brand new WDTV Live Media Hub with 1GB of local storage.

I have an NS4600 Promise Technology Media Server that serves up Music and Video.  All devices connect and play movies just fine in this manner.

However, when I store files locally (on the WDTV Media Hub local drive)…  They play just fine thru the Media Hub.  No issues.

When I try to attach to the Media Hub from another WDTV Live device…  It plays the audio for one second and then cuts out.  If I fast forward through the content and play again, it does the same thing… audio for one second and then nothing.

This content is mostly avi xvid content, but I have tested MKV and mp4 files and the results are the same.

Again, there is nothing wrong with the audio of these files as they play just fine when I am playing them from the WDTV Live Hub itself…  It’s only when I am accessing it as a share from another WDTV device.

Another annoying thing I have noticed is that the WDTV Live Hub doesn’t always show up as a “Media Server” when I am browsing for it from another WDTV Live device.  Instead, I have to access it through the “Network Shares” option… kind of annoying.

Hello,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en