No remote access to wdmycloud

I have read many posts on this but I am new to working around this issue and want a laments term explanation on how to do this:

I have a wdmycloud 6TB, on my Mac that was working fine until I believe now I got AT&T Uverse 1Gig Fiber. I have their model # 5268AC router, connected to a Netgear model number GS608 8 port switch and my wdmycloud connected to it. I have the blue light in front, with yellow light (below) and green light (above) ethernet cable connection. I can see it in the network - stream movies in the network, but when I try to do so remotely I can’t. in the dashboard it is saying I have no internet connection. I have connected directly to the router same issue. I will say, I disconnected my printer from the switch and I got internet connection but after 10/20 minutes it lost the connection. I need some easy explanation on how I can make this work again, I am not sure from the explantations I have read that I understand step by step how to port the two together (router to wdmycloud) or maybe I need a better switch (I have read the TP Link has worked for others.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Some of them solutions has worked within the same network, for me. I need to use it away from my network. I use it for my business and work from home from time to time and have others do the same. Yet, it continues and from a WD representative they do not have an ETA at the present time to get this fixed.

Given the state of the world… with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)… and the self-isolation that people are taking… Those who can, are working at home, or at a place where the MyCloud they normally use is not located.

For WD to have a 7 day outage of Cloud Access to MyCloud devices is totally unacceptable.

I have been advised that they have not yet identifier the point of failure, thus do not know when it will be fixed.

WD… if you are listening, it seems that all of your resources should be redirected to this problems expeditious resolution. And, you should be posting (with updates) on these Community forums your resolution status.

Having a history of this kind of problem must really create a Market issue for this class device offered by WD.

They have their servers back online. They used mycloud phone app errors to fix it and get me rolling back online. Call them: