No power on my WD Blue WD30EZRZ 3TB Hard drive

Sirs, I am not able to power up my drive described in the subject line. The date is good. How can I get this powered up so I can retrieve my data?

Thanks.

Hi,

There could be a few reasons why the drive is not being powered on. The drive itself could have failed, the partition on the drive may be damaged, the data cable may no longer be good, or the drive may no longer be getting enough power to fully spin up.

I would suggest you to connect the drive as a secondary drive on a different known computer
bu using a different SATA cable.

Keeping backups of your crucial data is always the best option to avoid data loss in any such situation. All the storage devices are electronic products and equally uncertain in life. They also prone to corruption or failure due to simultaneous usage.

One of the major reason for drive not getting enough power could be faulty data cable. So you can try replacing the cable or try connecting the drive to another system. Further, drive failure can happen anytime with anybody due to a bad power supply, virus attack, damaged blocks, bad sectors, corrupted operating system, etc. However, the end result is the same i.e.; data loss.

In case you don’t have any backup and want to restore data from the affected drive then try using a reliable data recovery software. Here, I suggest you to try Stellar data recovery free edition software, that allows user to scan the drive and check the recoverable files. It also allows user to recover up to 1 GB data totally free.

@Jose2020, if you’re going to dump your spam, at least do the OP the courtesy of reading his post. He says that he is “not able to power up my drive”. How do you propose that Stellar will recover the data from a drive that doesn’t spin up?

Can you upload a photo of the component side of the PCB?

Check the TVS diodes and fuses.

TVS Diode FAQ:
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=86

Here is a photo of the unit. I don’t think this will help but. It is worth a shot.

![IMG-3231|375x500](upload://7dANReFoS9l0EGpCeIFjAsyRzdp.jpeg)

Remove the USB-SATA bridge PCB, then attach the drive to a SATA port inside your computer.

Thank you I will try that.