No password or PC how do I set up?

Just received WDLIVE and am trying o set it up on the TV. How do I get past the screen requiringlog in details for my PC when I don’t log in to my PC?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to.  I don’t recall any of that when setting up a WDTV Live.

What exactly are you doing when you encounter this?

I’m trying to access my computer over the home network.

BTW is there a way of getting an email when theres a reply?

The title of the thread should be No Password ON PC…

The default user ID and password will be fine  (anonymous and blank password.  Disregard the ****'s… they don’t mean anything) if you’ve set your share to allow Everyone.

You can “subscribe” to a a forum thread and it’ll email you.

Are you saying I have to set up a user called anonymous on my PC to access it from the WDTV? (because cant access it with the defaults).

“if you’ve set your share to allow Everyone.” - whee am I doing this?

I get “unrecognisable username or password”

I have gotten the same responses from WD, even though my shares are set up for everyone.  No matter, there is a way to completely bypass this stuff.

1. in the WD settings select auto logon

2. in the Windows Advanced sharing select it to not require password protected sharing.

End of problem.

Do I access the WD settings via the PC or the TV / remote? I’ve been trying to find settings for quite a while.

Up and running now - thanks - shoulkd th WDTV be able to cope with two hard dives on my PC? Haven’t yet worked out how to access both.

Disable password for shares withing Windows.

Make sure Everyone has access.

Make sure Workgroup names are the same.

woldsweather wrote:

Up and running now - thanks - shoulkd th WDTV be able to cope with two hard dives on my PC? Haven’t yet worked out how to access both.

Glad you got it going.  To access your two drives, they each must be shared individually on your network.