No option to "Get Content Info"

Just got a WDTV Live Hub.  Running latest firmware. 

I’m viewing mkv movie files over network shares and that all works fine.  However when I highlight a movie (any movie) and select Options, I don’t see any menu option to ‘Get content info’

Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks

What menu are you using to view your movies and do you have the media library on?

And, if you DO have media library ON, you have to wait until it’s done compiling it, then escape back to the main menu, then go back in before that menu item will be visible.

I do have the Media Library on; and I’ve tried waiting for it to compile and then going back to the main menu and then back in again but no luck.

I’m going into Videos, then into one of my 2 video folders and it lists all the .mkv files.  then I select one and press Options on the remote.  Is that where I should see it or somewhere else?

Thanks

Are you accessing the media as an SMB share, or over DLNA/UPnP?

Does the icon for the movie show up as a folder or as a movie camera?

Are the permissions on the file such that the account the media is shared with can see the file?

Try putting one movie in a folder if all are in the same folder, then turn the media library off and back on.

mine was gone there for a while too.  turned media library off/on/off/on, then it was back.

whew!

i think that it would be great to be able to get content info without having to enable media library

i have it on just to get content info and it really slows down the system

maybe in the next firmware?

giorgiokatr wrote:

i think that it would be great to be able to get content info without having to enable media library

i have it on just to get content info and it really slows down the system

maybe in the next firmware?

Perhaps.  At least for now, the Media Library *is* where the Get Content Info is stored.

then why can I still see the content info even with the ML disabled? 

SEEING it is one thing.   USING it is another.

You cannot Filter / Search / etc.   without it.