No Netflix at new WD TV

Why is the new software without Netflix, What TV and Amazone Prime???

My older WD TV get Netflix and I like the 5.1 sound!!!

Please update software from > P/N: WDBPUF000NBK-00, S/N: [Deleted] Gewrät am 03.03.2015 bei Saturn gekauft!

Hope get soon Netflix too!

Best regards

lobao2012

This model will NEVER HAVE NETFLIX.   The product advertising says as much.

Thats dumb and i’ll return it.

Same here, going to return mine also. Dosn’t play all the same formats as the odler units either. The advertizing quietly hides these facts.

Sockpuppet wrote:

… Dosn’t play all the same formats as the odler units either. 

It absolutely, positively does…  This is absolutely false.

There are NO formats that the older Live’s played that this one does not.

Sockpuppet wrote:

Dosn’t play all the same formats as the odler units either. The advertizing quietly hides these facts.

Mine plays all the same Formats (Containers / Codecs) that all my old WDTVs do, have only tested the formats what i use eg. MKV / MP4 / WMV / AVI / M2TS

What  ‘Formats’ are you refering to ? 

So WD TV 2014 will not get STAN, PRESTO or NETFLIX!! what piece of junk did I buy. Plus IT DOESN’T make it very clear on the box that it doesn’t support NETFLIX. 

MrRez wrote:

Plus IT DOESN’T make it very clear on the box that it doesn’t support NETFLIX. 

If it does’nt say it on the box then don’t assume it 

1 Like

MrRez wrote:

So WD TV 2014 will not get STAN, PRESTO or NETFLIX!! what piece of junk did I buy. Plus IT DOESN’T make it very clear on the box that it doesn’t support NETFLIX. 

To be fair PRESTO or STAN aren’t available on any media player on the market atm other than chromecast.

stew181 wrote:To be fair PRESTO or STAN aren’t available on any media player on the market atm other than chromecast.

That’s not quite correct

You can watch Netflix, Stan and Presto on any Android / iOS device

Here’s some screenshots of the Android apps on the Google PlayStore (which i can watch on my Phone / Tablet and Android TV Box)