No more UPDATE button on hub for latest, crappiest fw update

Did someone at WD finally wake up and reailze this latest FW  is %*$&#*??   I didnt do the 2.0.8 update because of all the trouble everyone was having and today I start up the hub and the New Update/Update choice is no longer there.

What happened…the  [Deleted] over at WD finally wear off ???

Still there for me. Are you connected to the internet and do you have Auto detect new firmware on?

yep, same setup everyday.  I didnt turn anything off.   I don’t mind that it’s missing as I’m tired of the dread involved in updating the HUB, so I wasnt going to update it anyway.
Though it will be a bummer if the WD space cadets didnt get a clue and didnt decide to pull the opportunity to update to the latest piece of

What happens if you go to Setup, System, Check latest Firmware.

can someone else confirm this please?

No, I can’t confirm anything the OP wrote.

There never was an “update Button.”

There never was a firmware 2.0.8.

But I can confirm what RichUK says…  In 2.08.13, the Auto Update function is still present, as well as the Check Latest function…

I can confirm also that the auto update is still there.

And I wouldn’t ever count on WD ever pulling a version of the firmware, no matter the amount of bugs present.

Tinwarble wrote:

I can confirm also that the auto update is still there.

And I wouldn’t ever count on WD ever pulling a version of the firmware, no matter the amount of bugs present.

They’ve done it twice that I know of:

Once for the older WDTV Live (when the updater itself failed and bricked who-knows-how-many thousands of units)

Once for the MyBook World.  Not sure what the issue was there…  

still there for me too!

it’s now back.  I didnt touch or make any setup changes.  Oh well.  I’m not going to update, tired of gritting my teeth and standing back in anticipation of these terrible fw updates hosing my Hub.