No more sync after software update

any updates on this topic? this is not working, updated made things worse, sync hangs, people use it as a backup device, shouldn’t you act a bit more decidedly with this? can’t you just rollback to version that was stable? I am thinking of sending the device back to you as it DOES NOT WORK as it should for nearly 4 weeks already…

1 Like

hi, i found a solution by myself; i hope works for you as well

First, i created another WD account with another mail i have (a hotmail account)…this can be done on the same login page of the WD My Cloud Home panel

Later i demoted ownership for my main account (google account) pressing up the little black button located at the back of unit by +35 s but less than 50 s (careful…according manual, if you hold up more than 50 s it can be enter in a hard resetting mode…so you dont want to delete all, only demote ownership)…you can refer to this link if have questions: My Cloud Home: Change Device Owner or Device Owner Email Address

Third step was waiting for +/- 05 min for reseting by self the unit

Fourth step…access to My Cloud Home with your second a recently created account and configure initial setup…its not necesarry to back up anything on this account

Lastly, sign out and sign in again with your main account and volia! after some time it works for me

this is not a solution, rather a workaround and hard to confirm as pushing any physical buttons on the device associated with resetting is always a bit risky…

I have done the procedure that you described and it works quite the same, it never fully syncs, I left it undisturbed for like 2 x overnight and it was not able to sync a folder with around 2,7 GB of data during that time, it is slow, it never finishes the job, hard to tell what is the progress as even the folders that were fully synced are marked as syncing in progress (the blue icon) etc… it worked far better with the old version of the software