No Media in Folder View from remote?

Hi,  very strange happenings and b4 I reset my WDTV live wanted to check here: Please see my issue/explanation below.  I can live with this, but it is a major pain.  Thxs in advance!

Suddenly today, my music will not play from the general folder. Let me explain: My music is in my c drive> My Music> each band has its own folder with each album listed. For example Metallica> Master of Puppets> Black > RTL, etc… In the past I realized by pressing play on the remote the entire folder would play. Today, not so much. Each sub folder works great, but is a pain to go back into menu> music, etc. My pictures and videos still play the entire folder by pressing play- but not my music. I didn’t change anything… Any ideas/suggestions? 

Hmmm.    I tried this on my Live+ and it didn’t work, either.   Did you upgrade to the Pre-release software?

no. I didn’t do anything.  But, just want to clarify: I have the WDTV Live not the Live Plus.  I have owned it for a few weeks and all of a sudden the feature just stopped working.  But, just while in music.  Thxs

64met wrote:

Hi,  very strange happenings and b4 I reset my WDTV live wanted to check here: Please see my issue/explanation below.  I can live with this, but it is a major pain.  Thxs in advance!

Suddenly today, my music will not play from the general folder. Let me explain: My music is in my c drive> My Music> each band has its own folder with each album listed. For example Metallica> Master of Puppets> Black > RTL, etc… In the past I realized by pressing play on the remote the entire folder would play. Today, not so much. Each sub folder works great, but is a pain to go back into menu> music, etc. My pictures and videos still play the entire folder by pressing play- but not my music. I didn’t change anything… Any ideas/suggestions? 

You can only play the files which are in a folder. Are you saying that you cannot play all the files in a individual folder?

What do you classify as a ‘sub-folder’?

Yes, for example.  I have a folder named God Smack and Sub Folders in my system are the albums by God Smack.  It would look like this God Smack> Faceless> Oracle> etc,  The problem is I press play on the remote  when I find the album I want to listen to, lets say Faceless.  I click Play and I get No Media??? I then see each song, but unfortunately when one song is completed I am forced to press play again for the next song?  Hopefully this makes sense

Thxs

64met wrote:

Yes, for example.  I have a folder named God Smack and Sub Folders in my system are the albums by God Smack.  It would look like this God Smack> Faceless> Oracle> etc,  The problem is I press play on the remote  when I find the album I want to listen to, lets say Faceless.  I click Play and I get No Media??? I then see each song, but unfortunately when one song is completed I am forced to press play again for the next song?  Hopefully this makes sense

Thxs

Makes perfect sense.

I think you may as well go with the reset.

‘reset to factory defaults’ in internal menu.

reset via ‘paperclip’ button on side.

unplug from power for some minutes

do all 3 before using unit.

1 Like

Thxs! Everything appears good.