No Home Screen

Phone & online help have gone home - Your help please!

I have set up the Live Hub, connected to router & monitor.  Monitor recognises Z drive & via keyboard I can open sample photos, etc.  Remote can turn unit on & off, but nothing else happens.  No Home page [or anything else] on screen.

What have I not done right??

[Am I too old for this stuff??]

Well, if you can open the Sample Photos, then you DO have a home menu, because it’d be almost impossible to navigate to the photos without being able to see the menus…

… so, exactly what are you missing?  

Pressing the Home button does’t do anything - I don’t get the Home Screen with options, etc.

Its only by going to Computer & then the Z drive that I can open the sample contents.

How is your Hub connected to your TV?

1 Like

You know, I might be missing something here.  But are you accessing the HUB from your PC?  Because from what you are describing, that’s what it sounds like.

If that’s the case, then there is no Home Screen.

If that’s not the case, it might help if you take a pic of your screen, then post it here.

1 Like

Gunna wrote:

Pressing the Home button does’t do anything - I don’t get the Home Screen with options, etc.

Its only by going to Computer & then the Z drive that I can open the sample contents.

I do not think that you have the Hub connected to a TV, only to your network.  To access the Home Screen the Hub needs to be plugged in to a TV.

1 Like

Thanks guys!!

You were right - when I connected it to the TV, the Home Screen [Dashboard] was there!

I thought it would be easier to set it up at the comfort of my desk & keyboard, but not so!

I didn’t see anything in the instructions to the contrary.

By the way - when I did get hold of the WD help desk, they didn’t have a solution -

so you guys are Champions!

[I’m bound to return with my next  ‘challenge’!]

Many thanks.