No folder updates

I’m losing my mind here. For some reason, suddenly no changes I make to my folders are going through. I have my movies in folder by genre. The other day, 3 of them were showing the graphics from the 1st movie listed in the folder. The folder.jpg was being ignored. No matter what I did, nothing would work. I did all the tricks-cleared the thumbs in the .wdtv folder, cleared the library, turned it off with the power switch, unplugged it. I ended up creating new folders and moved the movies into them. That worked for two of them. In the third, for kicks I removed the 1st movie graphic expecting to see the 2nd graphic, but no- it showed a movie that started with “H”! Now there’s something extra going on. Nothing I have done will remove the graphic. And, when I tried adding another folder, it doesn’t show up on the hub. It’s visible everywhere else. I can add movies and movie sheets and they show just fine, but I can’t seem to do anything with folders. Any suggestions are very welcome!

If I’m understanding your dilemma correctly, this is nothing new; it’s been reported for MONTHS.   

The Hub (and SMP) now uses the first METATHUMB file found in the folder. 

With the latest firmwares its not too bad.

All you have to do when adding a new folder is “RESCAN” the drive or Master folder.

Pictures are still a bit of a pain, I find a Remote press >5 secs for a shutdown and then Power up works for the majority, delete the thumbs folder on the Hub as well.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If I’m understanding your dilemma correctly, this is nothing new; it’s been reported for MONTHS.   

The Hub (and SMP) now uses the first METATHUMB file found in the folder. 

As I said, I took out the first metathumb and it is showing the jpg from House of Frankenstein, which is about #10 in the folder. I removed that and it still shows. It’s like it got burned in permanently. And,  new folders aren’t showing up.> wdtvhub wrote:

With the latest firmwares its not too bad.

All you have to do when adding a new folder is “RESCAN” the drive or Master folder.

Pictures are still a bit of a pain, I find a Remote press >5 secs for a shutdown and then Power up works for the majority, delete the thumbs folder on the Hub as well.

I had tried the latest firmware, which I didn’t like and had the same problem.  Did everything you suggested before.  I never had this problem before. I’ve added and deleted folders, thumbs and videos dozens of times. It’s like the thumbs are hidden somewhere else, though that doesn’t explain why new folders don’t show up.

Since no one had any answers, I scoured the net for anything that remotely addressed my issue, I found an article that said the hub doesn’t like HD’s formatted with Mac OS Extended using the Journal setting. I reformated without Journal and after another 20 hr session copying everything back to the drive, I’m happy to say that not only are new folders showing up, all the genre folder art are showing up also.  So, Mac users out there, if you need to format a drive, don’t use Journal.

It may have helped if you had said it was formatted that way.

“I’m losing my mind here. For some reason, suddenly no changes I make to my folders are going through”

This made it sound like it just happened, it must have always been that way.