No fanart for folder yet?

Hey there…

After new firmware, do you still need to have the files mkv, iso and so on in one big folder ??

Could be nice if you could make fanart on a folder, instead of a file ?

Sound like a agood idea maybe you should try to post this in the ideas section.

I don’t get the original question.  You never needed all your files to be in one folder.  You can distribute them any way you like.

Folder art has always appeared for any folder that contains a _ folder.jp** g**_ file… for every version of the firmware, right from the original WDTV HD Gen1.  All my folders have artwork that gets displayed.

Yes I know…

But if you want to let the HUB do the work for you, and “right” click in the hub, and let it get the meta data for you, then it need to be at the file, and not the folder

But we’re not talking about the Hub.   We’re in the Live / Live+ forum.

[deleted]

Sorry !

Oh, this could be useful for me. Just to confirm, at the moment, I’ll have for example a folder for ‘Action’ and inside I’ll have my movies and their corresponding cover art like so:

Movie One.mkv (Movie)

Movie One.jpg (Cover Art)

Movie Two.mkv (Movie)

Movie Two.jpg (Covert Art)

Action.wmv (or any small media file)

Action.jpg (Folder Art)

This way I get the cover art for the folder thumbnail and then each movie inside has its own thumbail image for thumbnail view.

What you guys are saying is that if I include an image called folder.jpg this will assume the folder thumbnail image and I don’t need any separate media file to make it work?

falconer wrote:

What you guys are saying is that if I include an image called folder.jpg this will assume the folder thumbnail image and I don’t need any separate media file to make it work?

Yup !

Cocovanna