No drive letter or folders showing up in Windows Vista

Windows Vista does not show a drive letter or shared folders for MYBOOBKLIVE even though a drive letter and shares were assigned during the setup process. This drive is connected to a Cisco Linksys wireless router (WRT610N) using Cisco Network Magic Pro software to mange the wireless network and share the drive. I’m thinking the Network Manage Pro software might be interfering or preventing MYBOOBKLIVE from being seen by Windows Vista.

Try to map it manually, click on start and type \mybooklive or \theIPaddressofyourmbl, then the shares will open> right-click a share and select map network drive and select your settings. If you still don’t have a shortcut with a drive letter that way then there’s something wrong with your computer.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this didn’t help. I think this has something to do with the Network Magic software that is managing my Cysco Linksys wireless router. Do I need to setup the IP address of the drive somewhere so it can be mapped with a drive letter? This shouldn’t be this complicated as I’ve setup network shares before on my office network. Any other suggestions?

You can set a static IP address in the drive configuration page, however, that is not needed to give a drive letter to a network share since you should be able to access and map the share with the device name. Again, if you can’t map it with the device name or IP address (try to PING it in CMD so it will give you the current IP address, then try \ipaddress on the searh bar) then something on your network and/or computer is messing that up.

for whatever reason I don’t ahve success usually just mapping to [\mybookilve](file://mybookilve/) , I have to go to [\mybooklive\public](file://%5C%5Cmybooklive%5Cpublic)

maybe some permissions I didn’t set or something.   But try getting to the public folder as a test.

cman548 wrote:

for whatever reason I don’t ahve success usually just mapping to [\mybookilve](file://mybookilve/) , I have to go to [\mybooklive\public](file://%5C%5Cmybooklive%5Cpublic)

maybe some permissions I didn’t set or something.   But try getting to the public folder as a test.

After you type \mybooklive you’ll only get the root folder, after that you can right-click a share and you’ll have the option to map the share (map network drive) with the drive letter you want. Using \mybooklive\sharename is for direct access to that share.