No dashboard Nor Ssh

I’m not sure about the warranty situation, although SSH is a built-in feature. However, if you can’t get back in any other way you can follow one of these Guides:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/GUIDE-Debrick-a-MyBookLive-DUO/td-p/544860

Since it sounds like you have data to preserve, the first Guide is what you want. This will involve removing a drive from the case and hooking it up to your computer directly. There are instructions for accessing the Linux file structure on the MBLD drive if you are running Windows, and for reinstalling the operating system (firmware). The main procedures involve booting from a Linux rescue CD. Instructions and links to the necessary materials are all there.

I have done this to put larger drives in my enclosure, but I was unconcerned about preserving the contents. This thread has lots of discussion from various users with nfodiz , who wrote and maintains the Guides. My description of the experience of running the procedures is at or near the end of the thread.

I have not installed any add-ons to my MBLD, so I can’t really offer anything on that account. The “Debrick” procedures will get you back up and running, though. Be aware that it is much better to connect the drive you are working on via SATA. Using a USB adapter seems to have unpredictable results.

If you go this route, please be sure to give KUDOs to nfodiz!