"No content available" in youtube on .24 firmware?

I’m one of those who experienced reboots while trying to sign in to youtube account with the previous firmwares.

I upgraded yesterday to the latest version and now I don’t get any content at all at youtube. No top favorites, no videos on search, I always get a message saying there’s no content available (something like that). I’ve tried signing in, it does sign me in to my youtube account but still I can’t get to see any videos on any youtube list. I also tried other regions (Youtube France/German/US) to no avail.

Do you get any youtube videos without signing in.

I only get this error when playing my private YouTube content… Is this going to be fixed in the near future?

My YouTube still doesn’t play my personal YouTube content i uploaded

I live in the Netherlands which is not listed on the location list

I couldn’t get any content, even when I was not signed in, but the next day everything was ok.

It was probably some random server problem on youtube. Now everything seems to run as expected.

topouzid, Does your private video playing work? Mine never worked. The rest is working fine… Is this a YouTube or WDTV issue?.. I hope this problem is solved in the future because i upgraded from the WDTV to the live to watch private made videos from YouTube on the WDTV live… So, i am somehow disappointed so far :frowning:

i find it kind of strange that there is no (or almost not) discussion about this issue…

I don’t know exactly what private video is, but while most videos played fine, some of them gave me a message when I tried to play them on my Playstation3. The message was like “This video is locked and can only be played on PC and not on media devices” or something like that. I guess that’s a private video, right?

So I think it’s a youtube issue.

I find it kind of strange because when i sign in to YouTube i get the home screen of my videos… 80% of that videos is private… So if i click a private video i get content not available :s… I am signed in to my account so you can play some private video right?.. I mainly bought this device to watch some private videos i uploaded to YouTube to share with my family and friends… I do not recommend this device to my family members until now… I want to give them this device as a present if the private video playback works… I have shared this videos with my family members so they can watch it on the computer when they are logged in… WD please repair this so i can share my privately made videos with my friends on the WDTV live

topouzid wrote:

I’m one of those who experienced reboots while trying to sign in to youtube account with the previous firmwares.

I upgraded yesterday to the latest version and now I don’t get any content at all at youtube. No top favorites, no videos on search, I always get a message saying there’s no content available (something like that). I’ve tried signing in, it does sign me in to my youtube account but still I can’t get to see any videos on any youtube list. I also tried other regions (Youtube France/German/US) to no avail.

I had the same thing happen last night. The only thing that fixed it was loading factory defaults on the WD Live.

I reset many times and I left the default settings and finally I can see videos of youtube :smileyvery-happy:

Same problem here, uploaded my home videos to my account but when I log in on the WDTV live to my account I am presented with a warning that content is currently unavailable please try again later. All the time. Some videos are set to private but all are syndicated to work on “tv connected devices” This is not a youtube account problem. I thought this box promised  ‘youtube connection’ not some restricted partial version of it.