No Connection with NAS after firmware update

Hi

Just updated the latest firmware (14) and now it doesnt see any media files on my NAS (Synology).

No media server and no network shares.

Need an urget solution please!!

Try pressing the bottom reset button for 1 second.

I had same problem & tried this solution to no effect - other than having to replace all the device settings!

Browsed other feedback on this release & found that NFS/Linux not enabled by default. For me (MyBookDuo NAS) had to re-enable Linux share in Setup, restarted device & then could Select Content Source, Network Share & select Linux Shares. NFS folders then available again.

A bit of a clunky workaround though & not well thought out for this release, especially given the popularity of NAS set-up for many Users!

May roll back to previous release as this is a pain, please try harder WD.

Babbo wrote:

I had same problem & tried this solution to no effect - other than having to replace all the device settings!

Browsed other feedback on this release & found that NFS/Linux not enabled by default. For me (MyBookDuo NAS) had to re-enable Linux share in Setup, restarted device & then could Select Content Source, Network Share & select Linux Shares. NFS folders then available again.

A bit of a clunky workaround though & not well thought out for this release, especially given the popularity of NAS set-up for many Users!

May roll back to previous release as this is a pain, please try harder WD.

Are you saying that you have to do this everytime you connect to your NAS or was it just the once?

Only once. This setting is saved even after disconnected from the power line.

It´s disabled after the FW update by default, my guess is for security reasons …