No Cloud Functionality

Yay! Glad to hear something worked. Was is a short reset, or long reset? Did you get to the bottom of the MyBook/MyCloud setup confusion? I ask because solutions may help other people in future.

Now for the next problem… You say that media access is very slow. What are you using to access media? A file browser? The WD MyCloud app? A UPnP/DLNA app?

I’ve tried many UPnP media apps, and they all take a few seconds to get the media database view up, but I do have 62k tracks. But it only takes a few seconds to select and play a track, and a playlist moves from one track to the next pretty sharpish. Certainly not minutes.

How long is it since you put your media on the drive? Could it still be doing its indexing and thumbnail creation? Oh, it’s been there a while, hasn’t it…

After much fighting with the Twonky media server, I’ve got mine stable, and it even survives reboots. I wrote up my findings here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/FAQ-Twonky-DLNA-Media-Server-Setup-amp-Use/td-p/858810

Downgrading firmware? I’m running 4.01.01-413. Not the latest, but the recent upgrades have been for Apple stuff I don’t use. I’m waiting for the fix of the security holes before I do an upgrade, since upgrades cause grief for Twonky.

Yes, SSH does come with a warning. But it does come as a feature of the product. And, as I’ve said before, if the thing worked properly out of the box, we wouldn’t have to go mucking about with SSH logins and fiddling with Linux admin tools…

Oh, and the WD website also says you shouldn’t make changes to Twonky via the Twonky UI. But it provides the Twonky UI and describes the settings… They only say that because Twonky isn’t properly integrated into MyCloud, and MyCloud trashes any changes you make via the Twonky UI. Although it can be discouraged from doing so via SSH login…