No Audio- Please Help

I hooked up the Live Hub last night and have not been able to get audio.  My old WD TV worked fine in the exact same spot, so not sure what is going on. 

I’ve tried everything I can think of…I’ve tried all the stereo and digital output…to receiver and to TV.  Nothing seems to work. 

I’m starting to think I got a bum unit.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

Anything guys?  I’m dying here!!!

You don’t have the mute on do you?  Try pressing the mute button on the remote first.

What TV are you connecting to and what receiver?

Are you connecting with HDMI and / or Optical?

Have you tried a new / different HDMI cable?

Have you tried connecting with RCA leads and with output set to stereo to see if you can at least get some kind of signal out?

Can you try connecting to someone else’s TV?

Did you do a firmware update?  Did you try a factory reset?

Welcome to the forum btw.  ;)

Thanks for the ideas.  Here is where I’m at:

Obviously tried the mute button…I’m good there

What TV are you connecting to and what receiver?  I’m connecting to a Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver.  Both worked well with the older WD unit

Are you connecting with HDMI and / or Optical?  HDMI connection

Have you tried a new / different HDMI cable?  Tried multiple cables, no dice

Have you tried connecting with RCA leads and with output set to stereo to see if you can at least get some kind of signal out?  Have not tried this…good idea

Can you try connecting to someone else’s TV?  No…only reasonable TV in the house

Did you do a firmware update?  Did you try a factory reset? That is a whole other can of worms.  I installed a wifi adapter and found my IP address, but the Gateway and DNS are not found.  I’ve tried a ton on this issue too, but to no avail.  Therefore, I can’t do the firmware update

Anything else I should try?

Are you connecting to the Onkyo via HDMI, then to the TV?  From your post, it seems as though that is your setup, so have you tried connecting directly to the TV via HDMI to see if you can get audio out on the TVs speakers.

You can do a firmware update if you have a thumbdrive, just download the firmware form HERE.   Then follow the How To install guide.

It seems technology healed itself.  I went out of town for two days and when I got back, the sound was working.  I don’t think a thing changed, so who know.

I still can’t get the unit to find the Gateway or DNS address, so that will be my next issue.