No Audio MOV file

mkelley wrote:

Oh I’m *sure* it does.

When you go to Settings then to Audio/Video what items do you see on the menu?

See below photo.

Audio/Video Settings

Right – now select the “Audio Output” and you’ll see the various options under it.

In any case, since you have “Digital” selected, what does your receiver say it’s receiving (all modern receivers will report the type of audio they are getting)?  (You said you had the HDMI from the Live directly connected to it, right?).  And does your receiver have the capability of decoding DTS?  If not, switch to “Stereo” on the Live and all will be well.

mkelley wrote:

Right – now select the “Audio Output” and you’ll see the various options under it.

In any case, since you have “Digital” selected, what does your receiver say it’s receiving (all modern receivers will report the type of audio they are getting)?  (You said you had the HDMI from the Live directly connected to it, right?).  And does your receiver have the capability of decoding DTS?  If not, switch to “Stereo” on the Live and all will be well.

The Stereo option was successful on the SKYLINE.MOV clip but on the other MKVs such as One Night in Turin, no Audio. Do you think that the problem lies in my amplifyer? It has DTS as well.

ONE NIGHT IN TURIN

Just so we’re crystal clear here, on that “One Night in Turin” did you actually go through and remux it to a NEW mkv container and try playing that new file, using that version of MKVMerge that you now have?

mkelley wrote:

Just so we’re crystal clear here, on that “One Night in Turin” did you actually go through and remux it to a NEW mkv container and try playing that new file, using that version of MKVMerge that you now have?

No I did not because the AAC option cannot be checked. (see previous photo link).

thanks.

Remux it anyway (just don’t worry about that option).

mkelley wrote:

Remux it anyway (just don’t worry about that option).

IT WORKED!!!  :manvery-happy:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Well, you’re very welcome but I’m sorry I didn’t make it clearer at first that that was what I wanted you to do. 

Glad it’s working for you now.

silegnav wrote:

mkelley wrote:

The Stereo option was successful on the SKYLINE.MOV clip but on the other MKVs such as One Night in Turin, no Audio. Do you think that the problem lies in my amplifyer? It has DTS as well.

ONE NIGHT IN TURIN

I would like to ask whether the Stereo option is inferior in DTS than the Digital option in Audio/Video Settings?

Of course it is.   Stereo is only 2 channel, DTS is 6.

There seems to be a problem unrelated.

I have downloaded an MKV movie Clash of the Titans. On Stereo option Audio was a problem. I did muxing with MKVToolnix. Then it started working on Digital or Stereo option. Then after 3 minutes playing, the movie just stopped. I tried to re-play it and just stops exactly as in the beginning.

I do not know why this is happenning. I reverting back to firmware 1.02 and see if this happens.

Keep you posted.

Um, you downloaded this movie?  As in “pirated”?

While we certainly can’t advise you on such activities, it’s likely it was badly mastered.  My advice?  Buy the Blu-ray or DVD and do it right yourself.

(Actually my advice is to skip it – it’s a HORRIBLE movie :>)

Yes, you’re right.

TO be legitimate is the best decision.

Thanks.