No access to new installed HDD's

I installed 2 new HDD’s on my PC to have a big Video-Pool, stored some Videos (m2ts, mp4) on them. Then I gave them free in Win7, but WD TV live (connected via Ethernet with the router) can’t find them.

Access to my other 2 HDD’s in my PC works without problems.

What’s going wrong? What can I do?

Have you shared the new drives on the network? 

How to share a folder in Windows that can be viewed with the WD TV Live, Live Streaming, Live Hub, or Live Plus 

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

Yes the 2 drives had been shared.

Today I made a new attempt:

1. I cleared the shared button of all drives.

2. I shared drive D (media and projects) as discribed in your knowledge base.  → WD TV Live has access to drive D - ok

3. I shared drive E (capture) as above mentioned  → WD TV Live has NO ACCESS, the drive appears not in the overview

4. I shared drive K (VIDEO-POOL 1) as above       → WD TV Live has NO ACCESS, the drive appears not in the overview

5. I shared drive L (VIDEO-POOL 2) as above        → WD TV Live has NO ACCESS, the drive appears not in the overview

Can WD TV Live have access only to ONE drive? What is the solution of this problem?

… no ideas to solve the problem???

dunno if this makes any difference (i’m not a network guru) but, how are all the drives formatted ?

… they are all formatted in NTFS.

A reset of the WD TV live, could this be a possible solution???

To solve my access-problem, I made a rollback of the firmware from 2.02.32 to 2.01.86, as described in this link:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Firmware-upgrade/td-p/794997

Result: The problem is still there!

Any idea to solve the problem?

Problem solved !!!

Solution of the problem:

In the window “properties”, the same authorisation has to be entered in tab “share” AND in tab “security” .

That’s all. :smileyvery-happy: