NFS Mount

Hi there,

I’ve been attempting to mount my WD MyCloud as an NFS share on my raspberry pi.  I’m running raspbmc and attempting to mount it using /etc/fstab.  I had this working months ago, but I hadn’t touched it for a while.  

Now I’m trying to set it up again and keep receiving the message stating:

‘mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.102:/Public’

I’ve been searching for hours and still no luck.  Anyone run into this before?  The mycloud still supports NFS, correct?  I didn’t find anything in the firmware release notes stating it didn’t.

Thanks!

Justin

Nevermind, just figured it out.

In case anyone else has this problem, what I did was ssh into MyCloud.  I went to /etc/exports and added the following line:

‘/nfs/Public’

Then went back to /etc/fstab on the pi and changed the share to ‘192.168.0.XXX:/nfs/Public’.

For some reason now you can’t just do ‘192.168.0.XXX:/Public’.

Here, try this.  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/How-to-get-RaspberryPi-communicating-to-WD-MyCloud-over-NFS/m-p/731836/highlight/true

It has been posted before but, until I found this link – today, I had been searching for several months.

There are two commands that you need to know on the client (the Linux system accessing the WD MyCloud - in my case a Raspberry Pi running squeezeplug)

1/. from the command line

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.20:/nfs/Public /mnt/nfs

2/. in /etc/fstab
192.168.1.20:/nfs/Public /mnt/nfs nfs defaults  0 0

On my WD MyCloud I currently have the line

/nfs/Public

in the file

/etc/exports

I do not know if this is neccessary as I have simply left it in there.

Mine is currently working fine.

Hope this helps

I just did a firmware update and did not edit the /etc/exports file and my nfs share from squeezeplug is working so no changes are neccessary.