Newer file format incompatibility

Coming across a few new file types (but with the same old file extensions) that now won’t play in the ol’ WD TV Live Hub.

Any way to upgrade the software to play the new types?

At this point I’m close to giving up on the WD TV LH, and switch to something else. Sadly, I loved the idea of the Hub, and there is so much potential to have something this size (or a little bigger) that does a slick job. I’m not a computer genius, and I don’t have time to scratch-build crazy electronics and get them working to mimic this kind of things - I like an out of the box solution.

On another note, seems there could easily be a Live Hub 2 with a 3.5" HDD/SSHD for greater capacity, faster CPU and gigabit ethernet (cost notwithstanding), SD card reader for photos, and that would seriously rock the market.

Add your Live Hub 2 Plus with 4K and 192kHz Audio playback for the people with money to burn seperately.
Alas, the Hub is long in the tooth, falling behind, and showing its age.

Hi, what kind of codecs does this video files have?

You can also post this ideas in the  WD TV Ideas board, however, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Small footprint runs Windows and Kodi (XBMC) and doesn’t require a genius to get it going. Has HDMI and SPDIF and 5.1. You can spend 21.00USD for a Flirc and use your Hub’s remote with it! You can remove the 1TB hard drive from the Hub and use it inside too! Comes with 2GB RAM 64GB SSD and Windows 8.1 With Bing.

Zotac Zbox BI320-U-W2