Newby login problem

If you have forgotten the administrator password you initially configured for the WD My Cloud you can reset this password to the default password by pressing and holding in the reset button on the back of the WD My Cloud for 4 seconds. Do not hold in the reset button for longer that 4 seconds. For more information on how to reset the WD My Cloud see the following link: How to reset a WD My Cloud, Mirror, EX2, or EX4 drive

Note: A reset will return the Device Name, IP Settings, and Administrator Password to their default settings. If you have changed these values when configuring your WD My Cloud you will need to change them after performing a reset.

Once the reset has been performed one can then access the WD My Cloud Desktop and change the Administrator password as well as change other user passwords. See the following link for more information on how to access the Dashboard: How to access the Dashboard on a WD My Cloud product

Generally as far as I know there is no default password when the device is reset. In other words you leave the password field blank when attempting to access the Dashboard after performing a reset.

it is generally not recommended (despite what the user manual indicates) to put files in the public folders, especially media files. For ore information on where to store media files see the following link:  [FAQ] Twonky DLNA Media Server Setup & Use

It is also recommended, if you haven’t already done so, to read through the WD My Cloud User Manual. It contains much general information on how to setup, configure and use the WD My Cloud device.