I have set up the hub and everything working ok.  Can I actually transfer and store on the hub, when I transfer and disconnect from inernet I lose the media.  Thanking you in advance.

You Question:

Can I actually transfer and store on the hub

My Answer:

YES - Because WDTV LIVE hub has it’s own Internal HDD

Your Question:

when I transfer and disconnect from inernet I lose the media…

My Answer:

NO - Because WDTV LIVE hub has it’s own Internal HDD

If you feel that I was not able to answer your questions correctly You need to define you problem correctly… I am unable to answer based on the inputs you have given… 

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Hi,  Thanks for the reply, that is what I thought.  I have connected via ethernet, when internet on I can access all my files from the pc, but when pc off/internet off there is no files on the hub.  My question is, how do I transfer the files onto the hubs hard drive?  sorry if this very stupid of me!

When you view files on your PC using the Hub, it does not automatically copy them to its internal HDD.

The Hub should be visible on your network from the PC.

You should be able to open it and view the folder structure using Explorer on a PC / Finder on a Mac.

Simply drag and drop any files / folders from the PC to the Hub.  Be aware that transfer speed will be slow, most likely under 10MB/sec. 

Another option is to place the files you wish to copy onto a USB HDD or USB memory stick.  Plug that into the Hub and you can copy the files from there onto the Hub.

Any files you copy to the Hub will still be available when the PC is turned off.

Hi,

Many thanks for you help.  I did  a little surfing last night and discovred how to locate it on the pc, I was trying to send the files but couldnt find the hub.  All sorted now and enjoying my new gadget, thanks again.