Newbie questions using My Cloud EX2 Ultra on Windows 10

I have a question about my new My Cloud EX2 Ultra. I use Windows 10, and every time I go to access a file, I get Windows telling me that opening net files pose risks & do I wish to continue. What do I need to do to get rid of this annoying message?

Also, it seems that, at times, it takes a fairly long time to access files on the My Cloud device; most of the time its fairly quick, but every so often it takes forever and a day. Any ideas why this would occur?

I want to also share that when I got my unit, there was no documentation whatsoever in the box. A scrap of paper directed me to a specific WD.com page for installation. Well, I went to that exact page and it was either for a different model unit from what I received or it was simply incorrect information. After a LONG time, I gave up on that, and started scouring the website. I got so darn frustrated and ticked off that I came with a few minutes of packing the darn thing back up and returning it for a full refund. I finally found two files - WDAccess_1.5.6698.5488 and WD_SmartWare_Installer_2.4.21.1 - and downloaded them, and one of them (can’t remember which) actually allowed me to get the drive up on my network. By that time, I was so brain-dead and frustrated, I gave up for the night and went to bed. So I don’t know which of those files I used - guess I will have to figure it all out again should I ever need to reinstall from scratch.

This entire experience was not only not a pleasant one, it was a painful one. Not everyone is a gearhead, and WD needs to get people who can write concise, clear, plain English directions in a cookbook manner.

Sometimes, accessing a My Cloud dashboard using lower version of browsers shows error message “The connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.”. This message is caused by using HTTP:// instead of HTTPS:// to access the My Cloud dashboard. Using HTTPS:// to access the My Cloud dashboard will not provide such messages.

I would recommend to refer below mentioned KBA which will assist you to set up My Cloud EX2 Ultra and then try to access My Cloud.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=14004

However, slow response of My Cloud device occurs when the unit is busy or under a load indexing content, performing backups or building thumbnails.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=17364

Thanks for the response. My issue is not slowness in accessing the My Cloud dashboard using a browser. The issue is that it is slow in accessing files at times. I will go to open a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, a PDF file, etc., and it will take a long time. Not always, but sometimes it will be noticeably slow in opening a file on the drive. I am the only one using the My Cloud drive at present so I can’t see any load problem.