Newbie in need of Theme help

I’m going to use the hub with a projector to screen some movies in public.  I want as little on screen as possible - as clean as can be.  And my big thing is I would like it not to say the subtitle and audio status at the top of the screen each time a film starts. 

Is there a theme that can do that?  Or is there something I can do with a theme to do that?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can get rid of the audio/subtitle info.

You will need to edit the “video_run.xml” and the “dvd_navigation.xml”, and delete these lines in both.

Hi all,

I cannot find the “video_run.xml” and the “dvd_navigation.xml”, so I am guessing I am missing some fundementals.  Where are they, or, can you direct me to a “how to” tutorial?  I’'ve been looking through the forum for a basic starter instruction for dummies, but can’t find it. 

It depends on the theme that you are using.  Most do not include these xmls, because they are only needed in a theme if you edit them.

You’ll have to download the OSD (which is the default Mochi theme) then copy those xml’s to the theme that you are using and then edit them.  You can download the OSD from HERE, which is for the latest firmware 2.07.17.

Also, if you are using the Mochi theme, you will need to create a new theme folder (call it something like Mochi 2), then place the xml’s that need to be edited in that folder.  You will only need the ones that you are going to edit.

Once I downloaded a theme (I just grabbed legacy) it was all easy.  This is fantastic.

A few questions:

1. Which theme would you suggest as the most blank?  Least stuff?

2. Is there a way to get rid of the “skip to desired time” words that pop up when a film starts?

3. Is there a way to make the time and temp not appear when I am looking at folders?

4. Is there a way to make the blue square (that corresponds to the blue button on the remote) not show up?

Thanks!!!

As for the theme with the least stuff, that you will have to decide for yourself by trying different themes and decide which you like best.

As for the questions 2 - 4, the answer is yes to all.  But to answer your questions with any depth it would take too long at the moment.