New WD TV Live user queries

Hello :slight_smile:

New user of the WD TV Live system. I have to say I find a huge step up from using the built-in media player on my TV (quite slow and buggy). I have a couple of questions however. I am connecting over wifi.

• I have tried adding specific files to specific folders, ie, music files to the music folder on the WDTV - but it doesn’t add them, and only sees all my shared folders. There are specific folders I don’t want to show up on the WDTV device, installers and the like. Is there a way to only have a specific folder on the desktop machine show up in the relevant WDTV folder?

• It seems every time a file is opened the WDTV device is creating .metathumb and .xml files. I’m not too fussed with file previews on the device as I know what the file is by the filename. Is there any way to turn this off?

• How do I set the time? I also used to have the temperature (admittedly in Fahrenheit, which we don’t use here in NZ). Then I updated the firmware and the temperature is gone. Can this be restored (preferably in Celsius) and can I set the time myself, or is it done over the network?

Sorry if these are silly questions, I’m a newbie to this whole streaming media business.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

But to answer your questions:

1.  You need to use the Media Library, or re-organize your shares so that your shares only contain the media you want.

2.  metathumb and xml files are created by Content Info collection; either automatically or manually.  If you’re not using the Get Content Info function, then it must be set to Automatic (which is not the default; you must have changed it.)

3.  Time is set automatically when it’s connected to the network.  The timezone is set in the SETUP / SYSTEM menu.

4.  Temperature Unit and Location are set in the AccuWeather application under Services.