New WD My Book 2TB does not come up AUTOMATICALLY when Booting Windows XP PC. - - HELP

I recently installed WD My Book Model: WDBFJK0020HP (2TB) on my Windows XP computer. Every time I reboot my PC, the Disk Disappears from My Computer Screen. I have to PHYSICALLY DISCONNECT and RECONNECT Power and USB to Drive for it to reappear on screen? How can I make it AUTOMATICALLY come up on rebooting? Many thanks for any helpful suggestion. Paul Louis

Hi, as a troubleshooting step, try connecting the My Book power cable directly to the wall and the USB cable directly to the PC, avoid using extension USB cables or USB hubs. 

I have connected the WD 2T Disc Power cable directly to the wall outlet, and the USB2/3 cable directly to a PC USB2 connection.

The problem remains - -(i.e. the computer does not see the disc), unless I manually disconnect and reconnect the USB cable at the disc.

I wonder whether I should try to uninstall and reinstall the (WD SMARTWARE) software? Although if I uninstall it, it might not reinstall and then I might not be able to run it even manually…?

Western Digital should be able to give its customers better support.

I have spent several hours trying to get this New Disc running.

I would appreciate any other suggestion you may have.

Thanks.

Re: New WD My Book 2TB does not come up AUTOMATICALLY when Booting Windows XP PC. - - HELP.

Options

59 seconds ago

I have connected the WD 2T Disc Power cable directly to the wall outlet, and the USB2/3 cable directly to a PC USB2 connection.

The problem remains - -(i.e. the computer does not see the disc), unless I manually disconnect and reconnect the USB cable at the disc.

I wonder whether I should try to uninstall and reinstall the (WD SMARTWARE) software? Although if I uninstall it, it might not reinstall and then I might not be able to run it even manually…?

Thanks.

Thanks.