New WD Live TV Hub 2tb

Went to order another hub today and looks like there is a new 2tb model coming 3/19. Doesn’t seem to be and specs. Anyone find any other info out there?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815140003&Tpk=WDBABZ0020BBK-NESN

for quite some time I’ve been hearing about a new player to come out

the desktop version of newegg has a few more details

but still not enough to see what has changed other than the 2tb drive instead of 1 tb

initially all looks the same, but it might have an updated processor more similiar to the SMP

I guess, I’d probably wait to see what’s new

also I suspect the old version will quickly go on sale, once this is officially announced

it appears they will also be offering a 500GB model

I thougth the 500GB model is a little weird. Seems like they could just offer the 1TB at a lower price point. Really would like to see more on the hardware specs. Also be interesting if there was a new OS that was more customizable like the WD TV PLay is. I guess we’ll have to wait and see :smiley:

Given that the current 1GB hub has the Model Number, WDBABZ0010BBK and the 2GB is WDBABZ0020BBK, I would say that the only difference is the hard disk size.

If my WD Hub died tomorrow and I could get the same thing with a 2TB HD in it, but I still had to deal with all the shortcomings of the WD Hub, I wouldn’t do it… 

Not if it was half the price.  

I’ve found this to be a great device. Like it a lot more than the SMP Live device.The Hub has been trouble free. The SMP not so much. Only saw this because I was going to order another Hub.

if my 1tb version conked out would they send me the 2tb version as im under guarantee

I suspect what you’d get is a refurbished 1TB version…  

Only 65$ for a 2TB

Man that is cheep!

I would never buy a 1TB Hub when I could buy a 2TB Hub for 65$ more.

Nice price WD!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder will that drive work in my current Hub?

Agreed. The Hub does not work as promoted with the MKV playback rendering the device into stall-mode 24/7. It requires constant rebooting to work.

Unless this issue is resolved The Hub 2TB will be as flawed in daily operation as the Hub 1TB is.

Either fix it or withdraw it WD - the Hub simply does not work reliably with MKV files and other operations.

See the threads discussing the ‘spinning orange circle’ and MKV files issue going back years.

1 Like

maxcat wrote:

Agreed. The Hub does not work as promoted with the MKV playback rendering the device into stall-mode 24/7. It requires constant rebooting to work.

Unless this issue is resolved The Hub 2TB will be as flawed in daily operation as the Hub 1TB is.

Either fix it or withdraw it WD - the Hub simply does not work reliably with MKV files and other operations.

See the threads discussing the ‘spinning orange circle’ and MKV files issue going back years.

In cool voice of Jim Kelly: Bull**bleep** Mr. Han, man.

Agreeing with Foetus, I have plenty of MKV files and they work fine. It has become the standard that I rip my DVDs into.

Then please help us that haven’t got it running smoothly.

Poster ‘Curious’ and I and many others here right now can’t get reliable playback without rebooting. I love my Hub, but right now like ‘Curious’ I’m out of hair and ptatience for the constant restarts I have to do on a daily basis.

This started only after MKV files were loaded.

So any tips welcome - the Hub is central to my system but it is the most unstable device I have owned.

Search for WDTV, MKV Spining Wheel of Death and see how many links come up like this;.

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=9976&st=40

Do full factory reset or roll back to firmware that actually worked for you

maxcat wrote:

Search for WDTV, MKV Spining Wheel of Death and see how many links come up like this;.

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=9976&st=40

Holy Carp!   You post a link to an almost three-year-old thread!?   :laughing:

1 Like

Perhaps you would be better served at a resolution to your mkv problem if you installed this program and run your mkv file through it and posted the info here. I’m sure TonyPH12345 could look it over and determine if there are problems with the file. 

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en 

Tony the 3 year old thread is the evidence of what I’ve said here; this issue of instablity with MKV files goes back years.

It remains an issue for 1TB Hub owners and will be an issue for 2TB owners.

Western Digital can not claim this is a new issue or that it can be resolved through rollbacks. It is ongoing and has been in this forum since 2009/10 over numerous upgrades.

In 2013, it remains unresolved at my place having done all the things that others have been advised to do from resets to reloading/renaming files and as ‘Curious’ tried, removing custom screen savers.

None of this has worked.

Today the use of my Hub will begin with a Restart.

I stand by what I have said if the Hub 2tb acts as the Hub 1tb then it is a deeply flawed product - WD should either fix it with firmware or withdraw it. It doesn’t work.

Read the recent ‘WD Live Hub - General Understanding and some frustrations’  thread here to see the frustration this has caused for other Hub users.

This remains unresolved and the major workarounds over time have also failed.

Fix it or withdraw it - please WD, do NOT ignore it.

1 Like

I seriously doubt that you have WD TV Live Hub or any other WD Media player.

Only constant, unfixed flaw of the Hub is not displaying movie cover on video-ts structured DVDRips.

IN last 6 months forum is folded with single post members who haven´t read User Manual or searched older topics.

People NEVER search older topics on forums… 

To expect them to is irrational.