New version of Thumbgen released 1.2.11.0

Hi,

with filter TV-Show the sort order is correct and the actors are showing, the MPAA ist set like TV-14. But this filter is useless for Movies. :confounded:

So, i will use the new version of Thumbgen 1.2.13.0 and test again.

With new version of thumbgen, the titel is like ‘01 - Episodentitel’. With filter TV-Show the sort order is correct, but without the mpaa like ‘TV-14’ the actors not showing! Instead of folder.jpg the thumbnail of episode 1 is used! :confounded:

Conclusion: i use neither the new xml for TV-Shows, nor the filter TV-Shows! With old xml and filter Folder, the sort order and the thumbnail is correct. Also the metadata (xml with foldername) for folder is showing correct. 

Thanks for help and reply :smiley:

I wonder why they choose for the number in the episode title solution, instead of a trailing 0 for the episode number, because that way the sorting works without using the filter option and the medialibrary.

That’s because it was requested so that you could use filter by folder for both TV shows and movies with the media library on (which is how most people use it) and the sort order would be correct.

If you don’t use the media library, then just generate using the old way and it shouldn’t affect you.

Ah ok, thanks.

Does anyone else have an issue with the way genre appears with this version of Thumbgen. 

I get my TV shows movie sheets seen as Movies rather than TV Shows.  This suits me.  However when I see the genre on the finished sheet only the first listed genre shows.

eg:

Comedy
  Crime
  Drama
  Mystery

it shows as “Comedy”

To get all the genre categories to show I need to edit the xml to show: Comedy/Crime/Drama

Or I can edit in Thumbgen from Comedy,Crime,Drama. to Comedy/Crime/Drama

Comments?

Using latest Thumben 1.2.13.0 and current firmware, Default theme for WDTVLive, Thumbgen I/O set for WDLive “new” fw.

The XML generated by Thumbgen for “Actors” for a TV show is

Powers Boothe/Kathryn Scott/William Kearns

However, when the WDTVLive processes the XML on my USB thumbdrive, the “/” separator is removed, and

is displayed in the media browser as “Powers BootheKathryn ScottWilliams Kearns”.

Is this simply a problem with the default theme in the WDTVLive?  Do the custom themes add back in the separator

between the actors’ names?

Thanks.

thomfam wrote:

Does anyone else have an issue with the way genre appears with this version of Thumbgen. 

I get my TV shows movie sheets seen as Movies rather than TV Shows.  This suits me.  However when I see the genre on the finished sheet only the first listed genre shows.

eg:

Comedy
  Crime
  Drama
  Mystery

it shows as “Comedy”

To get all the genre categories to show I need to edit the xml to show: Comedy/Crime/Drama

Or I can edit in Thumbgen from Comedy,Crime,Drama. to Comedy/Crime/Drama

Comments?

This is how it always has been, and the SMP will only read one Genre (the first one) anyway.  To get the SMP to see TV Shows as TV Shows you have set in Options:

Input/Output Naming  - Movieinfo export - Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)

pm1315 wrote:

Using latest Thumben 1.2.13.0 and current firmware, Default theme for WDTVLive, Thumbgen I/O set for WDLive “new” fw.

The XML generated by Thumbgen for “Actors” for a TV show is

Powers Boothe/Kathryn Scott/William Kearns

However, when the WDTVLive processes the XML on my USB thumbdrive, the “/” separator is removed, and

is displayed in the media browser as “Powers BootheKathryn ScottWilliams Kearns”.

Is this simply a problem with the default theme in the WDTVLive?  Do the custom themes add back in the separator

between the actors’ names?

Thanks.

For MOVIES you have to set in Options:

Input/Output Naming  - Movieinfo export - Export using WDTV Live Hub format

For TV SHOWS:

Input/Output Naming  - Movieinfo export - Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)

This is because Movies and TV Shows require different xml formats.

Thanks for the explanation mate, spot on as usual!