New update on Power Supply Failure message Event Code 1022

Continuing the discussion from Update on Power Supply Failure msg Event Code 1022:

More updates on Power Supply Failure message
Just emptied the two Recycle Bins that I have (one for each of the two 2TB Red’s in the unit) and guess what?..The Red light changed to steady Blue i.e. ‘Normal’

What The F***!!!

There sure is some strange interactions going on here in the FW code. A Power Supply Failure msg triggered by stuff in the Recycle Bin! This may also have to do with a certain threshold of % capacity measurement of the disks in what is a JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) array on my unit. I did also have a coincident alert about capacity being 95% on one drive. The EX2 web control panel offers no way to monitor them individually for capacity/space used as it only reports the total capacity used across both disks. Windows Explorer views of course can’t report anything under disk properties except ‘0’ -this because the OS behind the EX2’s controller card is U**X based and while it implements DLNA/UPnP, SNMP, FTP and iSCSI over Ethernet it doesn’t talk native NTFS/Fat32 to your Windows host.

So in a nutshell it’s impossible to keep track of available space on the individual drives in my EX2 except through the web control panel which reports only the total disk array capacity. If I had an EX4 or one of the even larger units with more than 4 bays I’d be seriously pursuing a Windows based solution to monitor individual disk usage. Using SSH (I use WinSCP for drilling into the EX2 in emergencies) is not the most convenient option to manage disk usage!

Looking for the next FW update. WD doesn’t have the best track record on producing bug free FW updates, but we can always hope can’t we :wink:

Hi there

Thanks for sharing this update on your experience, please keep us posted on any more updates.

Thanks for upadting, having same 1022 error issue with unit going offline. fortunately not accessing offsite, or would have to come in and turn it back on. I too suspect issue is with last FW update. No problems before that. My unit is about a year old and plugged into a UPS and surge protection.

keep the updates coming!