New to My Cloud Mirror - Help needed

Hi forum ,

I was a dropbox user before i switched over to My Cloud. I have some problems that i hope the forumers here can answer. 

Firstly, I was wondering if there’s any way i can access my files stored in My Cloud Mirror without an internet connection. The dropbox app for pc allows me to access my synced folders without an internet connection.

Secondly, I cant seem to run any videos or open any files through NETWORK - WDMYCLOUDMIRROR (Figure 1) , I can only run it through the My Cloud PC app which requires an internet connection. 

Lastly, why does it lag so bad everytime i navigate through NETWORK - WDMYCLOUDMIRROR ? Even right clicking may cause windows explorer to hang.

Figure 1 : NETWORK - WDMYCLOUD MIRROR

I hope the forumers can assist me on this. I need to be able to access my files with/without an internet connection.

Regards

RuiQi

Hello,

You will be able to access the my Cloud shares locally without an Internet connection. You just have to Map the shares on your computer.

Mapping a Personal Cloud drive or WD NAS drive on a Windows PC 

In order to access the My Cloud remotely an Internet connection is required.

Speaking to your lag issue…  Its possible that what you are seeing is the spin-up time of the hard drives.  I use the power saver mode on mine as well and notice that anytime the drive has gone to sleep there is a definite and understandable lag while the drives are brought up to speed.  If you dont want to deal with that the only way I know around it would be to turn off the power save option in your settings.

Hello ,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it still lags when i navigate through NETWORK - WDMYCLOUDMIRROR. I am not able to run any media nor open any files even after mapping. I get the following notification everytime i open a pdf file -“Adobe Reader could not open _____ because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email and wasn’t correctly decoded).” Everything works fine when I access it through the My Cloud PC app.

I have resorted to making a duplicate of the folders (on my laptop) that I am actively using. Though i have given up on trying to make it function normally, I still look forward to any help I can get.

Regards

RuiQi