New to forum and soon to be a WD Live Hub user with a couple questions

pearl wrote:

2) Stopping the video does not immediatly free up the CPU cycles. I turned off he “video resume” feature which should solve this but it did not. The server seems to just continue transcoding the video incase you come back to it. I am sure there is a fix for this but I have not found it. For me, if I just start a playon channel, it stops transcoding the last local video to start the steaming of the new one, and channel streaming does not take much CPU time compared to local media. Gotta be an easy answer for this though.

-P

Could you place a VERY short video file on the system and just play it when you want to stop the transcoding? Like some of the scripts do…

@richUK - Correct in your assumption. The MyMedia app is simply a DLNA server running on a computer. Roku has provided a channel you can use that will recieve the stream. I tested on my WD LivePlus in another room, and it sees it as a media server and will play the audio and video that it is serving. Seems to me than that Roku could just as easily add a channel that recieves the Media Server stream from WD Devices, but competition probably prevents that from ever happening.

@flhthemi - Tried what you suggested and yes it did work. Started the short video, and once it had been completely transcoded, the processor went back to normal usage.

-P