New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

hello friends

I have a wd tv live streaming, When I upgrade to the latest version the device is restarted on the logo wd tv live, I tried to put a pen drive with some firmware and it has not been possible to recognize it, please I need your help.

last firmware 1.16 to 2.01.86

reset: yes

sorry bad english

please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have the Media Library OFF and default theme, but now I can access dashboard, is this normal?

Nice another buggy FW, no network shares for Windows after update and I updated with USB going by issues read here about automatic update.

Rolled back to Firmware Ver. 1.12.14 (the least buggiest FW with newer funstion but not without issues).

I tried everything includeing reset etc but did not need to mess with anything to fix once rolled back.

Would have been nice to see if some bugs had been fixed like taking too long to come out of standby due to looking for network each and every time and having to manually refresh content after deleting files if they even delete in the 1st place.

At least my player will be non sluggish for a while as it gets after a short time on certain firmwares.

1 Like

The windows shares work fine iam looking at them as  i type.

Hi all!

First time poster but I just wanted to clock in and give an update from *my* setup:

Wifi-Connected WDTV Live coming from the latest available firmware prior to this

Using a separate skin (honestly can’t remember which one - installed it shortly after getting it)

Downloaded and updated over wifi and after about 10-15 minutes updating, everything is fine.  Netflix and NFS streaming from a Mac (OSX 10.8) are working just as intended.

No problems at all, just giving a head’s up to anyone that has a similar config that it *can* work and is not immediately broken.

Cheers,

-C

People have a habit at times of blaming the firware without thinking about the rest of the setup involed.

What your sharing from, router and so on.

The same set up as before the updae and after rolling in back to working order.

The PC and router did not change or even restart so not to blame.

I will give it another try tommore because each new FW losses me more time messing aobut than enjoying my media.

I know some here defent WD to the death but this device should be mature by now and its not.

1 Like

Yep, the Windows shares are working great and the player seems faster too. I had zero issues updating.

How I updated.

1. I extracted all 5 files from the zip onto a freshly formated 4gb flash drive. (formated as FAT32)

2. I booted the SMP to the settings tab and did a Reset to Factory Defaults while still on FW 1.16.

3. I then waited for it to reboot and answered a few of the initial questions, i.e English, skipping the network setup portion.

4. I then connected the flash drive with all 5 files in the root of drive. (FIVE files this time around? hmmmm it was four the last time I updated I think)

1. The device did NOT reboot 4 times as others have said, it rebooted only twice and then told me the update was complete and it dropped me into the main UI as expected.

2. I then turned it off using the remote off button and unplugged the SMP player from power.

3. I then removed the flash drive and repowered it up.

4. I then went into the settings and made the normal Network connections via wifi and it connected perfectly using the WPS button.

This update was as smooth as butter and so far no issues I can report. Playing Netflix, Hulu Plus, setting things back up and even assigning functions to the buttons all works perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who suggested using the USB to flash this update, it works great here… Thank You!

The online upgrade seemed to go fine, also had 2 firmware being upgraded then reboots. Can no longer log into netflix. Just says “try again” or exit. Oh well, guess I will downgrade it.

Dean

Your sort of missed the point.

Quite often you need reset both to renew conections info and ip for a updated setup.

Also older os often dont have the most up to date protacals which can be a issues but i think this is only a real problem with with windows xp or older.

Also no one else seems to be having this issue so there quite likely something else causing you issue.

Did you resert the device ?

This is a major update and left over **bleep** can mess things up unless you clean out the system.

I did reboot PC and router and do many things to try get it to work, you can see by above typos I am kind of tired at 3:30am.

Never had this issue before between FW’s

I will retry again later in the day.

1 Like

Decided to get this working so stayed up.

Did not reset devivce this time before update and it went fine (never got to test to see whats fixed or now), only interested in if network shares was still there and working which it was

As you said its a major update so I reset the device to factory settings and now again cannot get network shares.

I messed with settings in the WD menu and somehow switching them off/on (so no changes) and got the network shares to be detected and set up.

Seems to take longer to come out of standby (see large WD Logo and says detecting network on screen) same as all FW’s since 1.12.14 though not as slow as some FW’s.

The same bug where it does not auto refresh after a file is deleted is present still since 1.12.14.

I also do not like the double work to delete a file using a sub menu in the new edit menu.

I am going back to 1.12.14 and even then its not without issues.

I don’t consider that a bug, IMHO. It took far longer to delete a file when it had to do an immediate rescan after each file action. Now you can do lots of file actions at once and then do one manual rescan and it’s all done.

so far, I’ve very pleased with this update

DTS MA works

and something they did not mention NFS connections, defaulted to TCP instead of UDP

that should solve most NFS related problems

:smiley:

If it was by design and not a bug then it would be one way or the other but on the previous FW’s it would work then not work, mainly not work.

I like to delete a TV Ep after I watch it 1 by 1 and if you want to delete multiple files the option is there in the coloured menus up top.

This added to the delay on coming out of standby is a deal breaker for me and who knows what else is still bugged as I aint going to be on it long enough to find out.

On all FW’s I have seen “read errors” when deleting a file for no real good reason and a few times an on screen white menu with a progess bar saying something about “playing background music while moving file” when I choose delete (AFAIR that is what it says).

If I had the time or will I could put up a very long list of issues as I am not a newbie to this device but only lurked here and know many others have the same issues with each new FW and know they get a lot of stick of some members here for even claiming these issues exist as it must be their lack of knowledge or PC to blame etc.

I have no hopes for this device to ever be as good as it should/could have been.

Hi,

I just updated my WD Live TV Firmware to Release 2.01.86 (12/10/2013).

Thank GOD they have fixed the youtube restart issue (pending from 6 months) but no matter any video i play in WD (Youtube, Dailymotion, Netflix) i have seen a clear degratation in color/picture quality which means video being played doesnt reflect its true colors (its kinda dark)

First i thought it might be a TV issue but it is not because my local cable is absolutely fine. 

Anyone else having the same issue?

jh007 wrote:

I have no hopes for this device to ever be as good as it should/could have been.

I do cause I do have network shares and no read errors ever.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
This update is a little different. It rebooted my WDTV four times, not the usual three.

I’ve done my usual song and dance:

• reset the system

• apply update from USB

• reset again

which resulted in the usual 2 reboots and it’s working fine now.

Still, it annoys the **bleep** out of me that after all those years of me begging for a black screensaver they apaarently just can’t be bothered to add, they added a new screensaver, a clock of all things (which is as fidgety as the WD logo)! Of course, in typical WD fashion they botched this too cause even when the GUI’s set to German, it shows day and time in English. Well done, guys.

Techflaws wrote:> Of course, in typical WD fashion they botched this too cause even when the GUI’s set to German, it shows day and time in English. Well done, guys.

They probably forgot to add the code  auto_translate=“1” in the xml file that displays the day and time (or maybe it’s in the firmware …dunno)