New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

I, too, am using Windows 7 (but I don’t have any kind of “WD Live” driver on my PC). For comparison, my full set up is:

Two Linksys WRT150N routers (yes, I know they’re old), wired to each other. One is the router and connects to the cable modem. The other is an access point on the opposite end of the house. Both are using different Wireless N wide channels.

My gaming rig, which is currently hosting my media, is a modern, Windows 7 PC wired directly to the router. I also have an XP laptop using WiFi.

Two WD TV Lives, using Wifi. One in the upstairs, and one in the downstairs. I also, have a Roku 3 and HD. I turned these off just in case they were interfering. No change.

I access my media via Windows shares (again, residing on my PC). When I first updated to the latest firmware, neither WD could “see” the shares, but a reboot took care of that. But the throughput is horrendous. No amount of resetting/reboot would fix it. Curiously, the downstairs device worked fine at first, after a reset/reboot. It stopped soon after. Reverting to the older firmware fixes the issue.

I’d never heard of a “master browser” until two/three days ago, but I checked while having the issue, and it was my PC. Yesterday, while everything was fine, I checked again and it was my upstairs WD. I turned off the Windows shares server on both devices, and the master browser has since become my laptop (I have no idea what this means).

I still have no issue with the old firmware and I’m reluctant to mess with it. Please don’t take that as criticism. I know these kinds of issues can be difficult to diagnose (especially when the people in the know aren’t having problems), and people need to be patient.

Thanks.