New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 1.16.13 (7/23/13)

All my dashboard favorites now give me a "last content source has been removed " error, I can only access my movies from the  video tab in the home screen, my dashboard and favorites have been rendered useless, my most used function. I dont use ANY of the apps or streaming **bleep**.

I deleted ALL my favorites, which takes forever now because you have to delete a favorite 7-8 times before it actually deletes… made new favorites from my “my media” source, and when I select the new favorite that I JUST MADE in dashboard,  "last content source has been removed " error!! I have rebooted, rescanned, cleared and rebuilt my media library, dashboard is useless.

Great update guys, once again, you not only didn’t address a single issue or feature everyone has been complaining about for over a year, you took the stuff that DID work, and made it not work!! I’m fed up with this BS and I still deeply regret ever buying this **bleep**. Now I have to roll back, and play games for hours to get this thing back the way it was… SEMI useable. I will NEVER do another firmware update again, you guys cannot be trusted to properly test your firmware before release.

1 Like

Well WD, the only two issues I wanted to have addressed (for now) seems to have been fixed. #1 The UI is much faster now and #2 the Netflix reboot issue has been resolved. The device no longer crashes when turning off the device from within the Netflix app. Not only that it now restarts MUCH faster. Before I would have to pull the power cord, wait a few seconds and then plug it in and wait about 3 minutes before getting to watch something. Now it just restarts within a few seconds. THANK YOU for fixing that seriously annoying bug…

EDIT: To be more specific, my device is now fully booted in 11-12 seconds as compared to the several minutes it took before. Most excellent…

“Glad” to see I am not the only one having this very **** issue (“last content source removed” error in the favorite dashboard)!

Making the device much less user friendly, not to say unusable as this dashboard is daily used :confounded:

Seems WD dev team does not know anything about unit testing frameworks, which should avoid this kind of regression…

Have you guys with the dashboard or content source removed tried resetting the device completely and seeing if it helps?

I have performed a factory reset after the update so all my media sources (network drive) have been redefined correctly and are valid + media library rebuilt

Yes. The boot (start) time is better. The general response time is visible better. But the YouTube still instable.

Magyarországról?/From Hungary?

<Have you guys with the dashboard or content source removed tried resetting the device completely and seeing if it helps?>

Yup, all that, i’m rolled back to 1.13.18 again, and poof, all my favorites immediately do what the’re supposed to do again. I didn’t even have to rebuild the media library after rolling back, dashboard and faves just started working right again.

I will cling to my 1.13.18 flash drive for dear life, something tells me I will be rolling back to it from every firmware update WD ever releases.

In fact, I will probably never upgrade again unless I see “simple chapter skipping” finally added in the change log, but i’m certainly not holding my breath for that to happen!!

TheOnlyest wrote:

<Have you guys with the dashboard or content source removed tried resetting the device completely and seeing if it helps?>

Yup, all that, i’m rolled back to 1.13.18 again, and poof, all my favorites immediately do what the’re supposed to do again. I didn’t even have to rebuild the media library after rolling back, dashboard and faves just started working right again.

I will cling to my 1.13.18 flash drive for dear life, something tells me I will be rolling back to it from every firmware update WD ever releases.

In fact, I will probably never upgrade again unless I see “simple chapter skipping” finally added in the change log, but i’m certainly not holding my breath for that to happen!!

I don’t upgrade my firmware unless I see fixes relevant to my interests. There was a slight performance increase with the new update. Would be nice to be able to remove all the bloat on the system.

I’m with you there, I dont use any of the apps at all, I already have all those features between my Directv receivers, and my Smart TV’s.

I use this unit for only ONE thing, playing my 960 (and ever growing) movie collection from my N900 server, and the dashboard and favorites are the most critical features in that endeavor. So this new update rendered my unit useless to me. I’ll sacrifice the “slight performance increase” to have a unit that works… This thing is even too light to make a decent paper-weight with this new firmware!

Two words WD dev’s… BETA TEST

1 Like

I have opened an issue thread regarding the “favorite dashboard - content removed” bug :

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Firmware-1-16-13-All-dashboard-favorites-raise-a-quot-last/idi-p/580049

Please do post any comment or additional info there and…

Please give kudos (if you still have a slight hope WD will look at it) ! 

1 Like

I wonder why people complain about the YouTube app. It works fine on my system. But I also wonder, why there are still two of them. WD’s app (at least it looks like that) and Google’s one. I prefer the latter for many reasons.

Surprised that the Acetrax app was removed now that the service has closed :dizzy_face:

I have two wdtv devices. Since update one of them won’t sure picture thumbnails via twonky server of the mybook live NAS. A reset doesn’t fix. Strangely my second one is fine and also thumbnails from another NAS Iomega works fine. I don’t know if my second issue was there before update as I never used the dashboard but going into the videos tab and selecting options gives no option to rate or add to favourites. Only way this will be display is if I actually go into the dashboard and highlight a video under say recently played and select options - then the options to rate etc display. That seems a pretty bad bug to me!

Lot of ads. Before every single Yutube music videos. It used to be not so much.

sanya1977 wrote:

Lot of ads. Before every single Yutube music videos. It used to be not so much.

That’s YouTube for you-- it’s the same on PC browsers now.

How is it that Acetrax is still in the menu? Didn’t they let WD know that they have closed?

Somebody else detected this? When a YouTube video started and paused (more than 5 mins), the video not playable, only the part from the buffer. The downloading does not continue. Needs to step back and start the video again. Why?

I have also had this problem with YouTube.

Where is the Live TV tab and Slinbplayer app? That is 90% of why i bought this device. Gone for good?

NM: had changed to a theme without the LIVE TV tab. Phewww!